Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

does anyone have an opinion on the jazz custom classic?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zazz, Jan 26, 2006.

1. zazz

zazz

Feb 27, 2004
    Cebu
    just tried one out today which has raised the bar so damn high ....it really is so well set up that its ridiculously easy to play and sounds great.

but why are there no discussions about this model from my search of talkbass??

ps....its a fender (custom shop) custom classic jazz bass ....just to clarify!

2. zazz

zazz

Feb 27, 2004
    Cebu
    i will take that as a no.

3. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    I try not to touch things like that because I know I can't afford them.

4. jrex

jrex

Jun 17, 2005
    SouthEastern Wi.
    I've wonder the same thing the Fender Custom Classic Jazz Bass's look pretty sweet, but I hav'nt heard any talk about them from anyone who's owned one.
    There's a sweet looking custom classic four string listed on e-bay.

5. :cool: Check out the "www.fenderforum.com" archives. There was some discussion on this model over there a while back.

6. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    I think there are no discussions because enough people don't own one :eyebrow:

Based on it's price, there are alot of more "sexier" instruments. The modern sounding sawdowskys, laklands, celinders and the more classic sounding lulls and other boutique basses.

It's ashamed that Fender's custom shop doesn't get the credit they deserve. High quality instruments with the Fender logo that peoople are afraid to buy :confused:

7. tommysalami

tommysalami

Jul 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Maybe Fender would get more credit if they'd take care of their customers.

8. platt

platt

May 4, 2005
    Netherlands
    Well, i own a Classic 5 string and i'm happy with it.
    It's well built and has a great sound, plays very good, electronics are dead silent. I used to have a 1978 jazz bass but this one is so much better.

:bassist:

9. M5Yates

M5Yates

Feb 7, 2005
    Austin, TX
    My Custom Classic was one of the best looking and playing Fenders I've ever owned.
    You can find them used in the $1400-$1500 range.

[​IMG]

10. jrex

jrex

Jun 17, 2005
    SouthEastern Wi.
    Finally, I knew there was some one out there who has or had owned one of these basses. I'm considering rolling the dice and putting in an order for one.

11. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Yep. They're only the world's most well-known, and widely distributed guitar company. But, they need better credit.

-Mark