1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Does anyone have any experience with a Fliptops.net 4X10 bass cabinet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tube Amps Rule, Mar 29, 2015.

1. I'm experiencing some G.A.S. pains for two 4 ohm sealed 4X10 cabinets that I can get in and out of my upstairs apartment instead of an SVT 8x10.

Apparently, he can make a 4 ohm cabinet using four Eminence Legend BP102-4 speakers which are a far better choice than the Delta 10Bs in a sealed cabinet.

Anyone?

Pete

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    A shame you want 4 ohms...not much to choose from. I don't like the idea of the BP102 only going up to 2k, nor the Delta 10b only going up to 3.7k. Not bright enough. 5k. That's regulation.

3. Yeah, you're right. That's not going to work.

8 ohm isn't a deal breaker, but it would eliminate the one cab/SVT head option.

Can you vouch for the quality of their cabinets?

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Yeah, I have one of his B-15 cabs. While it isn't quite the quality of the Vintage Blue B-15 cab I also have, it's well built and functionally the same.