1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Does anyone have any experience with one of these? (laney content)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by spark_chaser, Apr 22, 2010.

1. spark_chaser

spark_chaser

Nov 15, 2008
    Sanford, FL
    http://www.laney.co.uk/show_prod.php?prod=Nexus-Tube

I just wanted to know if any of you TB'ers have any experience with the Laney nexus tube amp? I got the chance to play one briefly and I fell in love! I am just curious why there isn't a lot of talk about this head unit? IMO I think this sounds better than both the svt and 400+. The only draw back I see is the price at close to $1600 It is a bit pricey.....I have my eye on a used one and I just need to know what you bass expert have to say about this amp.

Thanks!!:bassist::bassist:

2. spark_chaser

spark_chaser

Nov 15, 2008
    Sanford, FL
    anyone?

3. Also curious.

4. spark_chaser

spark_chaser

Nov 15, 2008
    Sanford, FL
    bueller?......

5. Laney = Awesome.
    I heard a Nexus and thier 810 cabinet and it sounded like an ear orgasm.
    The 810 cab is really well built and only weighs 94 lbs. the Nexus head weighs like 50 or so and it sounds alot like a SVT II pro to me with a bit of a bass 400 thrown in.
    I HIGHLY recommend thier stuff if you can find it, pretty rare here but is really quality stuff.
    I believe it uses 8 KT-88's and is as loud as jet.

6. nickbear

nickbear

Jun 12, 2007
    surrey, uk
    the nexus head is amazing! ive used one at a couple of gigs and prefered it to any svt ive tried. 8 kt-88's.. replacing them would make a big old dent in the wallet!