1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Does anyone have any soundclips of a darkglass vintage ultra with a passive bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Rycebag, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Rycebag

Rycebag Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2008
    All of the clips I've found so far involve active basses, and I was wondering if anyone has any recordings using the darkglass vintage ultra with either a passive pbass, or passive Jazz bass?

2. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Check Patrick Hunter’s YouTube demo for a passive J and the start of the Basstheworld YouTube demo for a passive P. Probably some others there too (these were some of the first search results I found). Also check out demos of the Vintage Deluxe- any of the later version (without the Era control) will be mostly identical in function to the Ultra.

BrentSimons likes this.
  3. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    Earth
    BrentSimons likes this.
  4. I do, with really old roundwoinds on my Ric.
    It has more bottom than the clip shows, I was using a low end compressor on the mastering track without knowing it. Just keep that in mind.

Playing through a GK800RB and an Eden 210 cab, mic’d up

BrentSimons likes this.
  5. Rycebag

Rycebag Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Finally downloaded the free trial. But I'm experiencing crazy amounts of lag. Anyone know how to fix this issue? I'm using the plugin in garageband.

6. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    Earth
    Look around for latency settings in GarageBand or for your audio interface. Can’t say where exactly since I’m a PC guy, but it will be around somewhere!

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 19, 2021