Does anyone have experience with this bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bipedal, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Bipedal

Jan 24, 2006
    Fayetteville, GA
    Anyone here ever played a BC Rich Warlock? Can anyone reccomend/disrecommend it?
  2. pklima

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    Early 80s American made ones are very good, especially the neckthrough ones with bound bodies. The cheapest imports are pretty much garbage. The better imports (recent NJ series, for example) are OK. All of them seem to suffer from some amount of neckdive.
  3. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I played aterrible one for a bit terrible one several years ago. It was a friend's bass, and I used it for some time. It was horrible. I'm sure there are much better examples of BC Rich's work, but as for me, I'll never buy one.
  4. save your soul and do not buy one. there total garbage. i dont think honestly anyone has anything good to say about them unless there talking about the american made custom shop ones.
  5. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    If it's not an older one it's crap! The new Warlocks are no comparison to the 80's models.
  6. M5Yates

Feb 7, 2005
    Austin, TX
    The 80's NJ series bolt-ons were made in Japan and are a pretty good deal for the $150-$250 they sell for now. My son had one for a while.

Some of the late 80's neck-thru's were made by another company (Class Axe) here in the US and aren't very good at all. The new imported Warlocks are made of plywood and sux. That shape pre-dates metal and there's nothing wrong with it, if you like that sort of thing.
  7. I had one of these for while. It was Japanese and it was OK. If it's the kind of style you like...(I did sell mine later 'cos I could really live with it !!)
  8. PasdaBeer

Nov 2, 2002
    Santa Rosa California
    SandStorm Designs
    for some reason, i get a great vintage tone from mine.....might have something to do with i havent changed the strings in 5 years.....

i really dig the pups and neck of my old warlock, the body design is so uncomfortable on it its disgusting, and bad bad bad neck dive.