1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Does anyone have experience writing a Bass Book?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by stefandisgust, Nov 6, 2013.

1. stefandisgust

stefandisgust

May 28, 2006
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Spector Basses-New Artist
    I have a concept. It have never seen someone do a book with these ideas.

However, I need help with the format. Anyone ever use the programs Finale or Sybelius to write the notation part of a lesson book?

2. I personally use Sibelius. Never had a problem with it.

What ideas do you have? I jotted down a draft for a bass concept book but I'm not game to put it out there yet.....

3. bass12

bass12 Say "Ahhh"... Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    I used Sibelius in the writing of my master's thesis. It worked really well.

4. Intenzity

Intenzity

Oct 15, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Yes, I wrote several that could be for any bass clef instrument, but they had tab for electric bass in them.

I used a program called Lilypond (it is free) and it was able to do the entire thing - notation, tab, text, page formatting - everything. It looks great. I got them on Lulu and Amazon as well. See the links in my sig for they are about.

It's totally doable, never been easier, and there are lots more options to self publish than ever before. Do it! :)

5. Art Araya

Art Araya

May 29, 2006
    Palm Coast, FL
    I used Finale Guitar for the bass charts in my Bass Chopz Accelerator book.