1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Does anyone have ideas on how a 14 year old can make some money?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by shaunze, Apr 10, 2004.

1. The Urbs

The Urbs

Feb 23, 2004
    MA
    Mr.QuakQuak ever visited the sights of where Clerks was filmed?

2. No, but I live in a house.

3. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Astoria OR - You're not too far from farmin' country are you? If not take a nice bike ride out in the country and look for farmers that are cutting or about to cut hay - see if they need help putting up hay. Bucking hay is tough - they should pay more than minimum. The days can be long, you work your butt off from the time the hay is mowed until the last bail is in the barn, but the good part is that you're not working everyday - get enough farm work and you'll easily make more than the kids working at McDonalds - if you want more steady work you can start asking the farmers if they need help cleaning stalls or fencing or anything like that. That's what I did when I was your age. When I was 16 or 17 I bought a nice Pontiac Firebird T-top for my first car with the money I'd saved. If you just want to buy a cheap bass you could probably buck bales for one farmer for a couple of days and make enough to get something.

4. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    I could think of a way.

*wink wink*

seriously though, crappy fast food places hire 14 year olds (at least, around here).

5. slick519

slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    this is a great idea. I live in salem, OR, and i am going to do that this summer over here, and then move in with my cousins over in idaho, and then buck hay over there, all summer.

Boy... i am looking forward to the money, but the 10 hour workdays, every day? I am going to be real buff when i get back :) :bassist:

-slick

6. Sell some old comic books, video games, any random crap that your not interested or using any more. Go bum off the streets lol. how about talking with your mom or dad, on how you 2 can work out a chore list like 10, 20 bucks a week? That is worked for me. Yeah up your allowance for more work would be a good idea. Cuz if you make it out to 20 bucks a week you'll have your new bass in 5 weeks, just a little over a month. BTW- whoever said they never ate lunch in there freshman year must have been hella skinny. like maybe 5'7" and problly 112 lbs if i was to take a guess.

7. shaunze

shaunze

Apr 6, 2004
    Astoria Oregon
    i think I'll sell my kidney, get 1000 pop cans, buck hay, and sell all my possesions and get a richenbacker! nah. i buck hay for my relatives all summer, and i'm selling my old snowboard and bike. off topic posts are cool.

8. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Hahahahahahaaaaaaa. Dude you are waaaaaaaay off. How about 5'11" and 225 lbs as a 14 year old. I'm still 5'11" :( but I wish I could be 225 again. With the grown up version of my bones and musculature I look thin at 240 or so. I bet I would look pretty good at 225. Unfortunately I could go up to 325 quicker than I could go down to 225.

Skipping meals is a great way to get fat. Your body acts as if every bite you take is the last food you will see for months. So your body tries to save every bit of fuel it has. And then you go home and eat whatever you can. So no lunch plus big dinner for six or seven months equals fat me. :meh:

9. I know when saving up for the bass I got now I didn't eat lunch for a month straight, and I sure ain't skinny!

10. Take the money you do have and buy some low-risk bonds. It'll take a while, but you're guranteed to get your cash back.

11. WHOA!!!!!!

HOLY ****AKE MUSHROOMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you wanna know whats so funny then?

im a dude, 15, in my freshman year, 5'10", eat 3 times a day, snack here and there when im hungry, and get this, 125 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :rolleyes:

12. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    It is sad that the best ways to make money involve illegal activity (rob a circle K, sell PCP, whore yourself.. etc). I would say just hold out until you are older. It is hard enough for me to get a job.

13. At college i dont have time for a regular job so i post flyers around campus for bicycle repairs/tune-ups and i make some cash here and there when someone needs work done...i am actually starting to get repeat customers now and i'm making the campus bike shop very angry ;)

I was saving up to get a new amp setup, but demand is high to fix peoples bent wheels so now i need to get a truing stand and then more money will come in.

14. lemonade. i still do it and people think its cute when a 16 year old sits at a crowded wagon selling lemonade. accually, in 1 hr, 16 minutes, ill be 17. anyway, lemonade.