does anyone have info on louis johnson sig bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by minjo82, Nov 7, 2004.

1. I was watching the Louis Johnson instructional video published by starlicks.. and he mentioned something about his sig. bass by Kramer which apparently is(was) suppose to come out soon..

I tried searching in the internet but can't find any information on it. So i'm guessing they never got to produce it but does anyone know what happened? or any information regarding what kind of bass they were going for?
  2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    First of all, the Starlicks Louis Johnson video is more than a few years old, so don't expect anything coming, especially from Kramer.

There is a Louis Johnson model out there, however. It was made by a company called Treker during the 90s. Those basses are now discontinued, but I used to own a 5 string. I thought it was a great bass and it featured Treker's "Tension free" neck, which is a great concept, but will knock a bass out of tune constantly if you suddenly take it from a cold environment to a warm one or vice versa. Otherwise, it was a great bass and had a really nice tone. Usually, those basses have an active/passive switch, but mine had the preamp removed. Still it was a killer in passive mode.

I decided to sell the Treker when I got a Zon a couple of years ago. The LJ now belongs to the TBer Trash_Jazz.