1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Does anyone have P, J, or MM drawings (dxf or dwg)?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by nicksorenson, Dec 12, 2011.

1. nicksorenson

nicksorenson

Apr 2, 2008
    Missouri
    Does anyone have a P, J, or MM bass body dxf? I'm looking to build a one off J with P electronics for a great customer of mine and I'd love it if someone had a halfway accurate J body dxf they wouldn't mind sharing.

thanks in advance!
    Nick

2. xaxxat

xaxxat Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2008

Got some P and J drawings in pdf.

Might help you get started.

Attached Files:

3. nicksorenson

nicksorenson

Apr 2, 2008
    Missouri
    Looks like you or whomever made those did a nice job. Thanks for posting. Especially good info with all the different manufacturer's pickup dimensions.

4. Stealth

Stealth

Feb 5, 2008
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Very nice indeed. Thanks for the post! :D

5. Gold Mine
    Just what I've been looking for, and vector files t'boot!
    T h a n k y o u :bassist:

6. xaxxat

xaxxat Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2008
  7. xaxxat

xaxxat Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Some neck and head drawings:

Attached Files:

8. xaxxat

xaxxat Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2008
    One more:

Attached Files:

9. NKBassman

NKBassman Lvl 10 Nerd Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Amazing! I might want to try building myself a replacement P body this summer, and that'll be useful then.

10. Thanks again xaxxat.
    These are going to be so helpful in my diabolical future plans.

11. colago

colago

Feb 3, 2014
    Hi to all
    I'm Vitto, from Italy: searching on net I found some your drawings about fender basses.
    I'm interesting in built a fender precision Sting bass: don't the re-iusse fender Sting reply, but the original that he used at that time. I know that sting played a lot of basses, but I'm interest in the fender precision with one single coil and the telecaster neck .
    I attachment a picture so that you could help me. I don't know if this model has got the contour shape body hard or smooth and if it's the precision 51 or 55 or 57. Can you help me to indentificate it? Do you ever tried to build this kind of bass? do you ever see this bass & measure its body and neck? I need the drawings of body & neck, maybe better if they're in 3d format (format like step or solid-edge, solid-works, pro-e) or in 2d (like dwg or dxf).
    Please, could you help me? thanks a lot, I wait for a your answer!
    greetings from Italy!

[​IMG]

12. colago

colago

Feb 3, 2014
  13. skot71

skot71 Guest

14. colago

colago

Feb 3, 2014
    thanks skot 71, but can somebody help me to identificate the exact type of sting pic bass? 51 or 55 or 57? I need drawings in dxf or step, no pdf please...can someone help me please? the '51 in the pdf on the link above has got 1 pickup...why?
    thanks to all!