Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does anyone here drink Zima?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Guss, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Zima seems to be the butt of a lot of jokes as far as alcohol goes. I don't understand it at all. What is it supposed to taste like? You don't have to admit that you like it ;)

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I tried it when it first came out at a restaurant I was working at. It sucks. It tastes like rancid 7-up.

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah I used to. Then I realized I wasn't gay.

brad cook

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

+1

Man, that is a right on description if I ever heard one!

5. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    I rember it clearly, and that's from 1 sip, many years ago. It's that bad.

6. While I don't particularly care for the stuff, it's hilarious how people attempt to use not drinking zima as an indicator of their own masculinity. I see it everywhere I go. It's especially funny when the same people are saying they like to drink it for the taste. Okay, I guess that was skyy blue..... but the principal is the same.

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    That's because it's an indicator of your masculinity. I read it in "Scientists Said So Monthly."

I'll drink tea and crumpets all day but I won't touch Zima.

brad cook

8. Josh Ryan

Mar 24, 2001
    exactly.

9. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Now, do you blend the crumpets in with the tea, or do you have access to liquid crumpets?

10. Okay, but I look manly drinking Mike's Hard Lemonaid, right?

Just wanted to make sure.

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Nah, drinking hard lemonade you just look like a high school kid trying to get drunk. :)

brad cook

12. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Well it's more of a paste but I do blend it with the tea...kind of a tea and crumpets shake.

brad cook

13. *lights up a verginia slim

14. embellisher

I'm sorry sir, this is a no smoking thread.:spit:

15. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

When it came out, they gave a bunch away to a local bar for free. The owner literally couldn't give it all away, it was so bad. He ended up throwing it away after a few weeks.

16. If you're into the pussy drinks, at least go with a Smirnoff. Zima doesn't taste bad or anything, but I'd probably go with a beer.

17. *Lights up 'Eclipse cigarette."

"It's not smoking, it's vapor.....ing. Mmmmm. it tastes like happy." :)

18. embellisher

:D

That exact same thing happened at a bar adjoined to a hotel where I used to work. The owner kept bringing those of us working the front desk free Zimas, but most of us passed after the first one. She also tried giving them to our minimum wage housekeeping staff, but apparently they had tried them before, because they refused. She was going to split up the remaing 10 cases among the 5 of them. Those 10 cases wound up in the dumpster.

19. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    After a hard day on the playground, cool down with a Mike's Hard Chocolate Milk!

20. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    If Zima is gay... then Smirnoff Triple black and Smirnoff twist must be the metro cousins of Zima...

Triple Black tastes like bad sprite, and the twist literally just tastes like fruit juice...