Does anyone here have a factor bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Aaron, Jul 5, 2001.

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
  2. No

4 vote(s)
  1. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    i just wondered, i know someone who has one, and i saw kenny gradney use one yesterday. It looks cool and has the ex model has the extender thing (drops "E" to a "D" by a flick of a lever!!!) It sounds cool, but a little to tinny for me, i'm a woody kinda guy, i'm more into the ol' fender sound.
  2. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    The ex-factors have a 5 way selector knob that let's you choose between different passive and active modes. With the right mode and eqing you can get pretty fat sounds out of them.
  3. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    I've owned one for over ten years. I love it.
    It has a small fast neck to me and as mentioned above you can get a wide range of tones. I also find it easy to slap on, so does Stu Hamm. I have absolutly no regrets on buying my Kubiki.
  4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Nice poll, but where is the option for 'Don't know.'?;)
  5. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA you really not know if you have a Factor bass? I mean, I know if you have a Factor bass!
  6. *ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    my teacher has one, and man, are those things ugly :D he has it strung with extra light gauge strings - DAMMIT THIS THING IS FAST !!! although it sounds a little too trebly for my liking, it seems to cut through the mix very well. i feel that it lacks good solid bottom-end, tho - even when EQ'd to produce this.
  7. maxoges

Aug 23, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I used to own one. It's a very cool bass!!!
    I regrett I sold it. It's a real looker if you ask me. Great sounds and fast neck. Get one if you can :)
  8. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    I forgot to give my impressions of ex-Factors in my first post.

They have the fastest necks I've ever played. You can do some crazy stuff on these basses that you can't do on others. Although they weigh a good 9 pounds they are extremely well balanced so you can play them for hours and not feel any fatigue.

As for the sound you'll just have to try one out and see for yourself.
  9. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    A friend of mine has one that actually belonged to Stu Hamm! - Signed and everything!
    I played it this weekend - Wow!!
  10. By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    That's a keeper.