Does anyone here have shakey hands/tremors?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by sheepdog, Feb 17, 2010.

1. sheepdog

sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    I promise this is at least somewhat bass related. I was wondering if anyone here had some sort of tremors or some other type of shakey hands.

Any tips on exercises to help make it easier to play? Medication doesn't help. Unfortunatley it is genetic and permanent.

2. I have just started getting neuropathy in both of my hands recently from over thirty years of diabetes. I have started losing dexterity in my fingers, and the strength of my grip has been slightly reduced. Obviously, it affects my playing to a great degree in that some lines which used to just fly out of my hands just crash and burn now.

It is something which has been very hard for me to deal with. On the good side, it has forced me to distill what I play down to only what is called for by the song. On the bad side, some songs now call for more than I can do. :bawl::crying:

3. Fergie Fulton

Fergie Fulton

Nov 22, 2008
    Braintree
    Retrovibe Artist rota
    Since it is a motor neuron problem i will assume you have seen a doctor or qualified medical expert on this, if not see one. You have to find a way to make it work for you,and what aggravates it.
    Stimulants like tea, coffee, food with certain chemical properties like to much sugar, artificial additives will all have an effect, even cigarettes in a good and bad way depending on the condition.

So i would look to your diet, note what cause your bad and good days and after a while avoid certain foods or increase others. Maybe see a dietician as recommended by your doctor.:)

4. Yeah, i got trembles and hand shakes a lot. Although they seem to dissipate as soon as i start playing, so it's never been a real issue to me. I would recommend laying down on food with much sugar and coffee/energy drinks, if you drink them :)

5. I learned this one the hard way. I had one of those nights where I woke up at 3am to go to the bathroom and never got back to sleep. Then I worked a double shift at work. And then I had my gig from about 10pm-2am. I tried taking an energy drink to stay awake. Big mistake. My hands were visibly shaking. :eek:

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 25, 2021