does anyone here like blink 182?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jrthebassguy, Mar 25, 2001.

1. no you guys, im serious. i know alot of you guys hate them, but these guys are slowly becoming my favorite band. "Dude Ranch" and "Cheshire Cat" are among my favorite cds, and "Dude Ranch" my favorite cd i own. i really like mark hoppus's basslines on "carousel" and "peggy sue." And "dammit" is my favorite song of all time, as said in another thread here.

i know this prolly' sounds real cheesy to you guys and all but hey i dig this stuff. anyone else here listen to them?
  2. ChronicPyromaniac

Jan 25, 2001
    Why, because they became popular? Notice the CD's he named were before they became really popular. Personally, I think Mark Hoppus is a good bassist, and Blink's older stuff hauls.
  3. NJXT

Jan 9, 2001
    Lyon, FRANCE
    Although I'm probably too old (they say ;) ) to listen to them and I know just their last CD, I like them.
  4. I like 'em too. Mark is a good singer in addition to playing bass.
  5. i hear fender is making a sig model for whatsisname. the guitar player.
  6. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    They're really not all that bad. They're drummer is actually very technically gifted and most of their stuff BEFORE they got big is pretty good. The only reason I'm not a fan is one of my old bands played "What's My Age Again" and "All the Small Things" and I just got REALLY sick of those particular songs.
  7. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    his name is tom delonge...
    and i actually like them..And they´re kinda funny sometimes
  8. Not a big fan here but I think Hoppus plays a good bass.Anyone who can sing and play at the same time is ok in my book!The only song I really like by them is "I guess this is growing up".
  9. that's right... anyway it looks like a cool instrument.

hey usul that song's called dammit. it's not bad. i don't hate blink 182 per se, it's just that i think "all the small things" is SUCH a crappy song, and it got so popular.
  10. fender already makes one. is the EXCLUSIVE distributor of the Tom Delonge signature strat.
  11. They're one of my fav bands. The drummer is the best punk drummer I've seen. Mark's basslines are simple but I think they help the songs along quite well.
  12. I love their humor!!!They obviously don't take alot of things too seriously. As far as songs go,I really like "Man Overboard."Lots of energy.
  13. bobaweeka

Jan 2, 2001
    Has anybody heard Buddah? The first time I listened to it I laughed so hard at the singing, but after a while they grew on me. They've gotten a lot better over time even though they've drifted into pop punk posers. Dude Ranch is a great cd.
  14. i went to a show last year for bad religion when they were touring w/blink. bad religion totally killed. but not too impressed with blink. i can't believe how such a great band can open for...blink!

they have cheezy potty humor that wasn't funny, i couldn't tell one song from another, the bass lines were very repetitive. from the few songs i heard, it was just the same bass line except at different root notes. same pattern.

my friends and i got annoyed by the kids screaming out "mark/tom/travis is hot"..."look at me boobs" and the pit was kids walking in circles for gods sake. we left after a few songs.

no offense to anyone. by no means am i saying that ALL the fans are like this, ALL the shows are like this, and that blink 182 is ALWAYS this annoying.
  15. Jake15

Jan 17, 2001
    USA, PA
    I went to their consert and they sound really good live.I wish that they didnt use the same fret pattern for alot song (3,3,5,1)
  16. i like their stuff before enema of the state. one can only listen to that cd so many times before wanting to throw it out the window. that said i really, really like the song 'new hope'
  17. patrickroberts

Aug 21, 2000
    Wales, UK
    no they are poor poor poor, and i think they're time is as they say in man overboard

"so sorry it's over"

well im not mate

18. That song is 'Damnit'
  19. all the "pre-enema" stuff is good but, somewhere they just lost it.
    i guess what destroyed my opinion of them was when i heard this 10-year old singing along to "what's my age again?" on some crappy pop-compilation. such a long way to fall...