1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Does anyone here own the new Ampeg portaflex stuff?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 513rocks.com, May 12, 2011.

1. 513rocks.com

513rocks.com Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    Im looking to scale down my rig and was in GC the other day and played the pf500 thru the pf210 cab and loved the sound. Does anyone here gig with one. Im afraid it wont be loud enough for a stage situation. I wish the cab was 4ohm to get a little more wattage out of the head.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    wattage barely matters at all when you're talking 300 vs 500. what matters is speaker area and air movement. we don't know your stage situation, and there's as many whom a 210 works as doesn't work, but if you want to be sure about it, get a second pf210. then you get the serious volume boost, plus a little extra wattage as a bonus.

3. 513rocks.com

513rocks.com Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    Im playin small bar country gigs (50-200 people) I have a big rig 4 big stuff.

4. stiles72

stiles72

Mar 20, 2009
    Albany IL
    I tried one out at GC, and with the 8 ohm cab it seemed that it was pretty comaprable to my B-100R which has a 4 ohm speaker as far as volume/output. It should do you quite nicely. If you ever get a chance to add a second cab that would be even better.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    i would definitely give it a shot then.

6. I posted a review of the PF-500 and PF-210 rig on a gig just last nite.:hyper: