1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

does anyone know about x audio cabinets?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lovepump69, Mar 26, 2005.

1. lovepump69

lovepump69

Dec 14, 2004
    springfield MO
    i just ordered an x audio ba 115 cab from steelsound.com and it hasnt arrived yet, and i was just wondering if anyone had any experience with them........i am using it as an extension cab on an ashdown mag 2-10. i read reviews on it at harmonycentral prior to ordering it. i know it will not be the best but for the money i have to spend right now it is all i can afford. i plan on getting an ashdown 115 cab in the future , as soon as i have the money, and find one reasonably on ebay. unless i am happy with this cab.

2. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I used an X-Audio 2x10 for a LONG time before I got the cab I really wanted. It was decent for small-medium places, and fairly light, but it really was lacking in the tone I was looking for.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Save up for the Ashdown 15.

-Mike

4. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    In a word, it's crap.

5. lovepump69

lovepump69

Dec 14, 2004
    springfield MO
    thanks jiant

6. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Its fine, I've heard worse for more money. Won't take a lot of punishment, but will do the job until you can get an Low B2. I use my 2x10 and a Avatar 2x10 for practice. I've heard no complaints, except when stuff starts jumping off the walls.

7. At 96db@1 watt this cab is pretty inefficient. It would take a lot of power to make it loud. Problem is, it only handles 300 watts RMS so it can't take a lot of power. I expect you're in for a disappointment if you try to use this cab at live performance levels.

8. My friend had a 4 x 10 Audio X cab. It was heavy and sounded bad.