Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

does anyone know about x audio cabinets?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lovepump69, Mar 26, 2005.

1. lovepump69

lovepump69

Dec 14, 2004
    springfield MO
    i just ordered an x audio ba 115 cab from steelsound.com and it hasnt arrived yet, and i was just wondering if anyone had any experience with them........i am using it as an extension cab on an ashdown mag 2-10. i read reviews on it at harmonycentral prior to ordering it. i know it will not be the best but for the money i have to spend right now it is all i can afford. i plan on getting an ashdown 115 cab in the future , as soon as i have the money, and find one reasonably on ebay. unless i am happy with this cab.

2. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    I used an X-Audio 2x10 for a LONG time before I got the cab I really wanted. It was decent for small-medium places, and fairly light, but it really was lacking in the tone I was looking for.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Save up for the Ashdown 15.

-Mike

4. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    In a word, it's crap.

5. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Its fine, I've heard worse for more money. Won't take a lot of punishment, but will do the job until you can get an Low B2. I use my 2x10 and a Avatar 2x10 for practice. I've heard no complaints, except when stuff starts jumping off the walls.

6. At 96db@1 watt this cab is pretty inefficient. It would take a lot of power to make it loud. Problem is, it only handles 300 watts RMS so it can't take a lot of power. I expect you're in for a disappointment if you try to use this cab at live performance levels.

7. My friend had a 4 x 10 Audio X cab. It was heavy and sounded bad.