Does anyone know any good songs? Please, please, pretty please?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Pmutch, May 7, 2003.

1. Pmutch

Jan 16, 2003
    I love classic rock and metal, but am having a heck of a time finding any bands that play 4-string and are remotely easy to play. So does anyone know any classic rock or metal bands that play 4-string and are easy to play?
  2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    there aren't any... sorry.

Wow, you're having a hard time with this? 4 stringers are more common in rock/metal than 5,6,7,8,9, etc stringers. You're gonna have to be a little more specific I think.
  3. Black Sabbath, Led, Floyd, The Stones, STP,Tea Party.. They may not be metal, but at least its something to practice...
  4. GuNs N' rOsEs

GuNs N' rOsEs

May 7, 2003
    hey, yeah, there are a lot of classic rock/heavy metal songs out there that are pretty easy to play:

the stuff by Guns N' Roses isnt too hard, especially the newer stuff.
    Ozzy osbourne
    Black Sabbath
    Mudvayne is kind of hard but still its something to work on.
    Nine Inch Nails
    Alice in Chains
    Drowning Pool
    Black Label Society
  5. Bell Bottom Blues by Derek and the Dominos isn't too hard to play once you get the hang of it. But the thing is, whoever put the tab up for it which is in wide circulation is someone who had to work more than they should've. Listen to the song and take out any parts from it that aren't necessary.

Sunshine of Your Love is easy as all hell to play, as is Cocaine.

Fortunate Son is pretty simple.

Possum Kingdom by The Toadies, while not true classic rock, has that kind of sound to it, and is easy to play.
  6. Ziggy

May 9, 2001
    Orange County, CA
    Here's some to give a listen:

- Moby Dick; Led Zeppelin
    - Every Picture Tells a Story; Rod Stewart
    - Born to Run; Bruce
    - Whipping Post; Allman Brothers
    - Same Old Song; 4-Tops
    - RESPECT; Aretha Franklin
    - SoulMan; Blues Brothers
    - Tush; ZZ-Top

Well, there's my ten cents worth for your listening and playing enjoyment... hope this helps with your search,
    michael s.
  7. :bassist:

some of the best songs u can play are by The Beatles.....

2 songs I love to play more than any are

Day Tripper, and (derek & the dominoes)- Layla

Have Fun!!

8. METAL IS ****!!!

edit : removed a popular replacement-word for " fecus " from the post. - AdX -
  9. so is a remark like that ;)

anyway.. i don't really see a connection between easy-playable songs and tablature, therefore i shall banish this post from my realm !

10. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    I would say that close to 100% of all classic rock songs were done on a four string.
  11. PICK

Jan 27, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Try looking for some tab by Iron Maiden. One of the classic 4 string metal players. Im sure there are literally thousands of Iron Maiden Tabs.
  12. Check out Smash's band Stoke. While it's not *that* easy, it's very musical bass playing, and it's a really good CD.

13. metallica-my friend of misery..thats one i know by heart and its pretty easy
  14. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Classic Rock?

How about the Police?