1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

does anyone know any songs to motivate.....

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by pyroman136, Aug 27, 2007.

1. pyroman136

pyroman136

Aug 20, 2007
    some of my friends love to hear the sounds of a bass guitar and since they know that i play the bass, i wanted to inspire and motivate them to actually pick up the bass themselves. so does anyone have any ideas of songs that dont require a full complement of drums and guitar to blow them away and inspire them to play too???

2. duba

duba

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Any Graham Central Station Song?!

Perhaps try some Red Hot Chili Peppers: Coffee Shop, Airoplane, Give It Away

You can also try Jaco's songs like Donna Lee or Portrait Of Tracy (Got me into the bass years ago)

3. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Birdland - weather report

Changed my life!!

4. There are so many tunes out there... Just look at what they listen and show them what the bass is doing... That works even better...

5. 49x18

49x18

Aug 1, 2007
    The bassline from The Allman Brothers Band's Melissa is melodic very nice to play. It's not very difficult to learn and doesn't require super skills to play in tempo.

6. MoD_Scotty

MoD_Scotty

Jul 22, 2007
    Thrapston, UK
    Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth), by Cliff Burton (aka Metallica). Pretty simple to learn, especially the first half.

or

The Awakening, by Les Claypool. It's a cover he did on his Highball With the Devil CD.

7. 88persuader

88persuader

Aug 5, 2007
    Teen Town by Weather Report (Jaco on bass)

8. Yngwie 4String

Yngwie 4String Banned

May 3, 2007
    Auburn Nebraska
    Id actaully teach them how to play something so that they know they can do it, and they can get into it.

When I want to impress people I play Fur Elise, by Ludwig Van Beethoven. The tab is availible at bassmasta.net.