Does anyone know how to play this New Order song?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by StrudelBass, May 2, 2003.

1. StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    I was wondering, would anyone out there know how to completely play New Order's "Bizarre Love Triangle"? If not completely, just the bass at least? I was thinking of possibly doing a cover at my schools next guitar show.
  2. If noone else can help you: It might be worth to check out the version by a band called "Frente"; it's just vocals and an acoustic guitar, but it might work as an effect during the show?!
  3. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    The chords are pretty simple themselves:
    C D Bm C for both the verse and the chorus.
    Most New Order covers tend to sound nothing like the originals so it might work for you to just take the bare bones of the song and make it your own. Unless you have the know-how to create all the vocal effects and sequencer parts for that song live, it might just sound lame to try to do an exact copy of New Order anyway.
  4. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    That song kicks ass, man! I love to shake my booty to "BLT" when it comes on at my local meat market/disco joint. Chicks dig it. Do it up!
  5. StrudelBass

Jul 6, 2002
    DanGouge... you're way off...:meh:

Anyways, can someone distinguish which is the keyboard bass and which is the actual bass guitar? Or is Peter Hook doing it all on his bass?
  6. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    The bass guitar part is fairly slow, melodic, and chorused for the most part. I don't think it's until the chorus (or maybe even end of the song) that he starts playing more of a "bass line" with pedaled eighth notes and such. But I don't have a copy handy so I'm going by memory.

The bass is what you hear hitting a single note right before the first word of the vocals.

Be hard to play that one the same without lots of keyboards though. I believe the studio version is sequenced drums, the "bass line" is sequenced, and there's all the strings and stuff. . . .