1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Does anyone know if the new Epifani 3-10 750w, is alot better than the older 600w one

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Flat Bass, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    I was wanderiing if there is a big difference? Does anyone know. It is only 50 watts more a speaker. Is it able to produce better lows and handle higher volumes?

2. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    I guess no one has played the older one VS. the newer one.

3. I haven't played the newer more powerful cab, but I had the 600watt cab about a year ago. It certainly didn't lack for anything! I used a QSC PLX -1602 bridged and it took everything the amp could give it! Sounded great with a 5 string. I can't imagine them improving anything on that cab, but ya never know!! I love Epifani cabs. Now I just have the T-112 and it kicks major booty!!!

4. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I've never gigged with the older 600 watters, only dinked around at Bass Alone in San Diego. Hardly a valid test. However, I recently picked up the 750watt cab and gigged 4 sets with it in a small club last night. Excellent punchy, clean cab. I had 1400 watts running into it and it handled it beautifully. BTW, according to Nick Epifani, you can tell the 600's from the 750's as follows: the 600's have suspensions on the drivers that look like accordians. The newer 750's look sorta like rolled hot dogs. Hot dog, man!:cool:

5. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    The older Epifani Smokes, but the New one smokes the older one. Theres a little more then just 50 more watts to each spaker. The speakers are built tuffer to handle the B string better. Nick I think was one of the first and still is to redesign the 10 to handle the B string.
    I'm sure everyone if fimiliar with farting 10's with the B string. The goal with the New speaker design was to build a speaker that handled the B better and in turn you got a stiffer speaker and 50 more watts a spaker.

bassminister
    The 112 is a major bottom kicker. With out a doubt one of my favorite single small cab's out there. The bottom and clarity is amazing and if you have a 1000 watts to put behind it you better hang on becuase it will hurt!

If there is anything else I can help with I'll be happy to.

Thanks
    brian