Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does anyone know if the new Epifani 3-10 750w, is alot better than the older 600w one

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Flat Bass, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    I was wanderiing if there is a big difference? Does anyone know. It is only 50 watts more a speaker. Is it able to produce better lows and handle higher volumes?

2. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    I guess no one has played the older one VS. the newer one.

3. I haven't played the newer more powerful cab, but I had the 600watt cab about a year ago. It certainly didn't lack for anything! I used a QSC PLX -1602 bridged and it took everything the amp could give it! Sounded great with a 5 string. I can't imagine them improving anything on that cab, but ya never know!! I love Epifani cabs. Now I just have the T-112 and it kicks major booty!!!

4. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I've never gigged with the older 600 watters, only dinked around at Bass Alone in San Diego. Hardly a valid test. However, I recently picked up the 750watt cab and gigged 4 sets with it in a small club last night. Excellent punchy, clean cab. I had 1400 watts running into it and it handled it beautifully. BTW, according to Nick Epifani, you can tell the 600's from the 750's as follows: the 600's have suspensions on the drivers that look like accordians. The newer 750's look sorta like rolled hot dogs. Hot dog, man!:cool:

5. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    The older Epifani Smokes, but the New one smokes the older one. Theres a little more then just 50 more watts to each spaker. The speakers are built tuffer to handle the B string better. Nick I think was one of the first and still is to redesign the 10 to handle the B string.
    I'm sure everyone if fimiliar with farting 10's with the B string. The goal with the New speaker design was to build a speaker that handled the B better and in turn you got a stiffer speaker and 50 more watts a spaker.

bassminister
    The 112 is a major bottom kicker. With out a doubt one of my favorite single small cab's out there. The bottom and clarity is amazing and if you have a 1000 watts to put behind it you better hang on becuase it will hurt!

If there is anything else I can help with I'll be happy to.

Thanks
    brian