1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Does anyone know of a bass pedal that can do anything?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by spladam, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Basically a pedal which can have a customized sound, created by the user, and includes modifying reverb, distortion, chorus, octaves, etc, through a software, and can be turned on with a single button on the pedal? Just wondering if such a thing exists or not?

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Sure, there are lots of combo pedals that put a bunch of digital effects in a box. Zoom makes a few. Not sure if any are software driven though.

andruca, spladam and Stumbo like this.
  3. bholder

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Here's a Zoom B3 demo:

4. Are there any that are small and pretty much have a single button with the sound already preset on the pedal? Like the "Hall of Fame" guitar pedal but for bass?

5. bholder

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Doubtful, because nobody's going to agree on what presets they want. But there's an awful lot of stomp boxes out there, maybe someone makes what you want.

6. I mean that the presets are created and can be edited by the user using a software. But yeah, I think I'll take a look at some of those stomp boxes :)

7. Turnaround

Turnaround Commercial User

May 6, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Independent Instrument Technician, and Contractor to Club Bass and Guitar - Toronto
    How about the "Hall of Fame". It's for bass too.

But you might get better answers in the Effects forum rather than the setup and repair department.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  8. NoiseNinja

NoiseNinja Experimental-psychedelic-ambient-noise-drone Banned

Feb 23, 2011
    Denmark
    The HoTone Xtomp or Xtomp mini perhaps, seems to do what you want:
    Xtomp » Xtomp Detail
    12279357_800.jpg

Or maybe even the cheaper Zoom MS-70CDR will do. That one has just been updated with a ton of extra effects (and unlike what it says it got a lot more effect types than just chorus, delays and reverbs):
    MS-70CDR MultiStomp Chorus / Delay / Reverb Pedal
    7904193_800.jpg

Also I believe the word you are looking for is everything, as most pedals will do something. :p

9. Rabidhamster

Rabidhamster

Jan 15, 2014
    You only want one-button, so only one effect patch combined from reverb distortion chorus octave and more, and you have to use the computer to edit it..... That probably wouldn't sound good, and would always sound the same because you're not going to reprogram every tine

What is your goal?

10. JonnyAngle

JonnyAngle Dropping Acid Pedal Etching .com Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 24, 2008
    Maple Grove, MN
    DroppingAcidPedalEtching.com
    Axoloti

this is what you're looking for

jimfist likes this.
  11. mrwood4

mrwood4 Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Southern Illinois
    H9 is close

Driven Crane likes this.
  12. Crater

Crater

Oct 12, 2011
    Dallas, TX area
    It's out of production, but you could buy a used Digitech iStomp on eBay or Reverb... It was a "virtual effect" DSP pedal in a stompbox format that could download new effects programs via its USB connection. There was even a Software Development Kit made available for it, but familiarity with the C computer programming language and DSP is needed.

13. warrplayer

warrplayer

Apr 16, 2008
    Charlotte, NC
    The zoom multistomp pedals can somewhat be setup as the OP descibes. A single chain of effects with a line selector at the beginning of the chain would allow a one button on and off of the entire effects chain.

Kustom_Thunder and Al Kraft like this.
  14. Chicory Blue

Chicory Blue Secretly Queen of the Moon Supporting Member

If you get a multieffects pedal like a Zoom, you can often create patches yourself and store them to be switched back and forth with one or two button operation.

My B1on is currently set to scroll rapidly between my handpicked favorite clean, driven, ambient and funky sounds, and if I need anything else, a few minutes of tweaking time will set me up with a shiny new patch in my arsenal.

Best $50 I ever spent.

--^@

Al Kraft likes this.
  15. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 Punch'n Ooomph Supporting Member

Digitech iStomp ?

16. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    Here you go.

Attached Files:

bholder likes this.
  17. Coolhandjjl

Coolhandjjl

Oct 13, 2010
    Appleton
    The ambiguity of the post title reminds me of that SNL skit right after Three Mile Island where the nuclear reactor guy said "You can't put too much water in a nuclear reactor".

Rabidhamster likes this.
  18. veryvery

veryvery

May 23, 2016
    CA
    Most bass pedals can do something.

DA-DUM TISH

19. bholder

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    I need this one:

Talent-Booster_grande.png

20. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 Groove it Supporting Member

Not sure of any pedals than can anything, but there are certainly some that seem to do nothing.

Lvjoebass and veryvery like this.