Does anyone know of any good bass solos?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by eye4eye, Sep 15, 2002.

1. eye4eye

Sep 14, 2002
    Tracy Ca.
    If anyone can please tell me some cool bass solos that would be cool. I found alot of flea solos and cliff burton, some billy sheehan and les claypool. but i was looking for more. thanks alot.
  2. WildBill

Jul 7, 2002
    The Strokes "Someday". Its extremely hard to master but give it a few years and you'll get it.;)
  3. ToneDeaf&Dumb

Dec 16, 2001
    Check out Maxwell Murder by Rancid. Something I could never play.
  4. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    I kind of like Wooten's "A Show of Hands" entire CD.
  5. Oliphaunt

May 30, 2002
    Donna Lee

My bass teacher can play this, but he's 1/2 Jaco speed at the moment.
  6. ugh. are you from harmony central or something?
  7. metalica has a real good one but i dont know what the song is called
  8. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    the bass solo in Eric Johnsons 'Zap'

I worked on it for a depressing amout of time when I was 19.

And 'Portrait of Tracy' is the coolest solo ever.
  9. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

Ugh, indeed.

If you really like this site and want to be a contributing member, things will go a lot smoother if you ditch your TABCRAWLERESQUE username and start over. With only 5 posts so far, you wouldn't be losing much, but you'd gain a lot more credibility and likely avoid a large boatload of moderatorial wrath.

Assuming, that is, that the new username was a bit less descriptive...:rolleyes:
  10. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    I bet is either "Anesthesia" or "Mexico City Bass solo"

im sick of both
  11. Our very own Michael Manrings "Monkey Businessman" kicks ass and takes names. And when it runs outta room for names, it takes initials.
  12. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Some "cool" bass solos that would be "cool"? Very nice. Yeah, makes sense. So, I'm guessing... you want to be cool?

You "found a lot of flea solos and cliff burton" huh? Very very nice. You're talented.

Keep looking for more, there's always more. It's what you do with it that counts.
  13. I guess you want these in TABZ form, right?
  14. eye4eye

Sep 14, 2002
    Tracy Ca.
    Dude I guess litening to cool stuff is a crime to jazzbo. Watch out, Im not sure what im supposed to DO with it.
  15. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    Chris, I think maybe the problem is that you used big words....
  16. pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO

Dude, most things are a crime to Jazzbo... you should see what is happening with his fantasy football team... that's why he brings the moderator slapdown with such force.... maybe you should have looked around for "deez" solos in the "TABZ" forum..... oh well, at least it wasn't posted in general instruction....

17. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

Yeah, I kinda forgot that "DUCKYBUTTS" has three syllables.... :rolleyes:
  18. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i think this is bass related, so let's start in "miscellaneous".

as for cool solos, i'm partial to the one at the end of the mp3 in my sig ;) :D
  19. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I suggest getting The Who Live at Royal Albert Hall from 2001, it's on DVD, probably on VHS too..

John Entwistle's bass playing grinds your balls to dust during the first song, eats them for breakfast during the second and after that concentrates on kicking your ass to the Mars and back for the rest of the gig.