Does anyone know of anyone selling the new Ibanez RKB?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassackwards, Mar 4, 2003.

1. bassackwards

bassackwards Member

Dec 16, 2002
    I want one! This is exactly what I've been looking for lately. I ran a search and I can't find anyone selling them or even listing them. In the past I've found that that doesn't always mean anything. Anyone?
  2. Does anyone else notice a striking resemblence to the ATK? So much so, that it's factory case is the ATK1000 model case?

I think that if they added a traditional style bridge to the ATK and/or gave it some other pickup options, I think it'd be a seller in today's market.. JMHO
  3. Aristotle

May 12, 2002
    Easton, MD
    I'm pretty sure is selling them. They have all of the other new Ibanez models that were shown at NAMM.
  4. Glenn D.

Glenn D.

Aug 20, 2002
    Fort Collins, CO
  5. interesting to see how Ibanez perceives the market-
    let's see- differences to the ATK (same body and neck)-

badass bridge- looks like top-loading only
    passive electronics, Seymour Duncan PJ p/ups
    licensed Hipshot ultralite tuners- with chrome finish
    trussrod adjustment at the body
    headstock string tree (ATK had an angled headstock)

I don't like that scratchplate though- erk:meh:
  6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    It's a very new item. They will be trickeling in to the local music stores soon. It usually takes a while with a new item to hit the stores.
  7. I hope they get these in the German stores sooner than most other ibanez models, because this is the only ibanez i really like (from the specs), except for the ATK (which they still distribute in germany)
  8. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
    I saw one in a local store, Century Music, here in San Antonio a couple of weeks ago.