Does anyone know the best online store...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Airsick Pilot, Dec 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    ..that has the best prices and ships internationally?

2. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer, Builder
  3. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

4. Tumbao

Nov 10, 2001
  5. BassMan2000

Sep 27, 2000
  6. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass

Hmmmmm indeed Corey!!! It seems that old Gibsongeek think's my website is so good that he feels the need to setup a dummy redirect site to his own store.

Don't believe me? Think I'm parnoid?

Type in and see where it's redirected to!

Great move there Corey...I hope you get a lot of business riding my coat tails bro! Rock on! How many other dummy redirects do you have up?? While you're back there behind me why don't you make yourself useful and pucker up????

EDIT(JT) : no name calling here - i removed that part of your post, steve. otherwise, thanks for the headsup on this. it's important to know that folks who are looking for your site might end up going somewhere they don't wish to, and i agree that spoofing your site to send folks elsewhere is pretty frickin' low.
  7. harleyyy

May 30, 2000
    How low can you really go?
  8. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
  9. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    I wouldn't know...ask the geeks at Rock City...I'm sure they can answer your question!
  10. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    You know if you copyright dudepit as part of your business name you can file to get that domain name back. It's simple. He could actually go to jail if he doesn't give it up. I should know, I got in trouble to buying some domain names before :)
  11. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    This calls for a lit bag of poo on someones doorstep.
  12. 1964

Mar 26, 2002
    Too Close To Hell
  13. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    frankly, i'm interested to learn why some store would spoof the dudepit's url to redirect to their own store. i generally find those kinds of duplicitous maneuvers vile in the extreme, and i for one would like an explanation.

so, how about it, gibsongeek? what's up with that?
  14. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    It's easy, he is evil. Not cool evil, weak, lame, stupid, "My site blows so I have to use a respected name" evil.....which is not that evil. In fact, replace evil with "Vile", or "Retarded"

Dude, do something. I don't care. go to his house and smack him upside the head for all I care, just,,,do,,,,SOMETHING!
  15. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    Not much I can do..he's registered the domain name. I've known about this for quite some time and really haven't considered it to be much of a harm to my business. It really only makes Rock City Music look silly and petty IMO.

I've written to both Jim Bergantino and Keith Roscoe who I know personally and neither of them seems to care so I consider them to be partially liable in this as well.

I just don't quite get how they think that anyone would enter that domain name looking for The Pit then wind up on Rock City's website and then buy anything from them...really silly IMO. If anything, I think this type of practice would hurt their business rather than help it.

I just don't get the logic behind it do you? Doesn't make any sense to me. Can somebody tell me what they might hope to accomplish by this? It's not even like we carry any of the same product lines or anything.
  16. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Agreed. Now that I know their business practices, I vow never to buy anything from them. ever. even if they were the last freaking store in the world. That kind of thing is cheap, silly, useless, and greedy. I'm not talking Metalica greedy, just plain greed. Doesnt really help the cause (to be greedy) though does it? I to wonder why anyone would stoop so low. At least other shops have moral decency.
  17. harleyyy

May 30, 2000
    I've given up trying to figure out idiots and squatters anyone can encounter on the net. Not worth the time. Dude, you've built a community that shines and offers so much to bassists. This guy will most likely end up in hardship with his petty ways. Don't look back at your coat tails,brush him off like the louse that he portrays and continue to be the positive influence and good person you are. You rock, you are Rock City :p
  18. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

kind of fits....

you need it trademarked Steve, legally its really a hazy grayness.

If it means anything... I won't even window shop the rock city site. IMHO if I owned I'd step up and hand it over to ya, it's only right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.