1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Does anyone know the exact model no. of the PAS drivers in the SWR Goliath III?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by eponymous, Apr 14, 2010.

1. I blew up one of my speakers today and would like to know more about them... thanks for any info!

2. Call the manufacturer.

3. Illinimax

Illinimax

Oct 11, 2008
    Chicagoland
    Think the mfg is no longer in business IIRC. Had my SWR Redhead combo speakers succesfully reconed at:

J & J Speaker Repair Services‎
    7006 West Diversey Avenue, Chicago, IL 60707-1701
    (773) 889-3498‎

4. Try emailing swrsound.com for info.

5. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Just a note -- a speaker is not successfully reconed unless it's been done with the identical cone and coil as the original.

If PAS is no longer around, I don't know if those are still available.

6. well having tried the goliath IV 4x10 with the new eminence drivers i was blown away, the sound is way smooth with a really tight and satisfying bottom end, even in a boxy room...

the new cabs look pretty much the same as my Goliath III so i'm assuming they'll behave the same way in mine ...

so i'm ordering 4 new eminence... can't wait!

7. Illinimax

Illinimax

Oct 11, 2008
    Chicagoland
    My speakers sound terrific. Mickey at J&J has been reconing speakers for years and was able to find OEM-spec recone kits for both drivers.

8. Illinimax

Illinimax

Oct 11, 2008
    Chicagoland
    The PAS frames on my Redhead are squared off. I had to go the recone route as the early 2x10 Redhead won't accomodate regular perfectly round-shaped 10" speakers. Not sure if this is a consideration for you.