1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

does anyone know this ampeg ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by whitehouse, Jan 7, 2002.

1. it's an old one I think, but I can buy it for about 375$ ...
    [​IMG]

2. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    I have never seen anything like that. It could be either fake or modded.

3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Za-zingggg! When did Ampeg put the Ampeg "A" on that other side of the cab? :confused:

Sure is a shallow cab IF that is a bass cab.

4. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    What's with the cutout in the lower left corner of the front board? Is that a hole?

THe thing looks pretty sketchy to me. Certainly isn't stock if it is an Ampeg.

5. progplayer

progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    Its a fake, don't even waste ur time or money please!:oops:

BTW who is selling this "so called" Ampeg? Is there a site or email?

6. no site..somebody who claims to quit playing bass..I just wondered cauz I did not know that ampeg made white cases.. he said that it was a '70 or '80 amp ..

7. I have now also post the question at the site of ampeg, I think they (or the ampeg-freaks) can give the right question :)

It's strange that on the site from ampeg, there isn't a single "white" amp to find ...
    and the ampeg-symbol on the right is also very strange

8. Note also how the Ampeg logo badge doesn't actually fit correctly - it looks like there was another badge there that was replaced.

Looks like a guitar cab to me...

9. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    That thing screams "home-made," IMO.

10. progplayer

progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    The reason why I say it’s a fake is because I have seen something very very very similar. Instead of the Ampeg photo copied logo being clued onto a “fence grill” the person had an SWR Badge affixed to the same “fence grill”. It could be the same person. I forgot the person’s email but last October this guy sent me the same pic claiming it was a SWR prototype cabinet. I am wondering where you got this picture????? Is this person trying to actually sell you that cabinet? I’m very curious and suspicious…

11. It's a guy from the netherlands..
    he sells the amp on a ebay - kind of website ..

his email : homesick@wanadoo.nl <homesick@wanadoo.nl>

12. It looks kind of like an SVT-410HE, but completely stripped down.. wouldn't bet my €€€ 's on it..

13. Hij staaat op Marktplaats..

14. progplayer

progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    Its not the same person but I have seen another picture almost similar to that with an SWR logo on it.....man who knows. Oh well.