Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

does anyone know this ampeg ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by whitehouse, Jan 7, 2002.

1. it's an old one I think, but I can buy it for about 375$ ...
    [​IMG]

2. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    I have never seen anything like that. It could be either fake or modded.

3. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Za-zingggg! When did Ampeg put the Ampeg "A" on that other side of the cab? :confused:

Sure is a shallow cab IF that is a bass cab.

4. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    What's with the cutout in the lower left corner of the front board? Is that a hole?

THe thing looks pretty sketchy to me. Certainly isn't stock if it is an Ampeg.

5. progplayer

progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    Its a fake, don't even waste ur time or money please!:oops:

BTW who is selling this "so called" Ampeg? Is there a site or email?

6. no site..somebody who claims to quit playing bass..I just wondered cauz I did not know that ampeg made white cases.. he said that it was a '70 or '80 amp ..

7. I have now also post the question at the site of ampeg, I think they (or the ampeg-freaks) can give the right question :)

It's strange that on the site from ampeg, there isn't a single "white" amp to find ...
    and the ampeg-symbol on the right is also very strange

8. Note also how the Ampeg logo badge doesn't actually fit correctly - it looks like there was another badge there that was replaced.

Looks like a guitar cab to me...

9. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    That thing screams "home-made," IMO.

10. progplayer

progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    The reason why I say it’s a fake is because I have seen something very very very similar. Instead of the Ampeg photo copied logo being clued onto a “fence grill” the person had an SWR Badge affixed to the same “fence grill”. It could be the same person. I forgot the person’s email but last October this guy sent me the same pic claiming it was a SWR prototype cabinet. I am wondering where you got this picture????? Is this person trying to actually sell you that cabinet? I’m very curious and suspicious…

11. It's a guy from the netherlands..
    he sells the amp on a ebay - kind of website ..

his email : homesick@wanadoo.nl <homesick@wanadoo.nl>

12. It looks kind of like an SVT-410HE, but completely stripped down.. wouldn't bet my €€€ 's on it..

13. Hij staaat op Marktplaats..

14. progplayer

progplayer

Nov 7, 2001
    Its not the same person but I have seen another picture almost similar to that with an SWR logo on it.....man who knows. Oh well.