1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Does anyone know what brand/model bass this is?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gothmoth, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Gothmoth

Gothmoth

Mar 29, 2015
    Does anyone know what type of bass this is? I can't make out the logo

Attached Files:

2. GretschWretch

GretschWretch Supporting Member

Dec 27, 2013
    East Central Alabama
    Best guess I can make is a neck off a sixties Hofner solidbody bass mated to a Telecaster guitar body. But I'm not confident I'm correct.

If you guys asking for bass id's would give us a link or a url or something to walk back the image to its source, we would have a lot more search options at our disposal to answer your question.

bholder likes this.
  3. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    central NY state
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Sure looks like Hofner. There also is (or was) Hohner, but that looks like an "f".

4. Gothmoth

Gothmoth

Mar 29, 2015
    Thanks guys!!

5. GretschWretch

GretschWretch Supporting Member

Dec 27, 2013
    East Central Alabama
    Loaded with tapewounds, I see.

6. Blankandson

Blankandson Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Gallatin, Tennessee
    I had a 1965 Hofner copy of a P-bass. Body was wood but covered with glued-on 'leatherette'. White on front, black on back. Was very close in everything the P-bass had. I used it from 1965 - 1967, when I traded it for a '67 Beatle Bass. I was living in Germany back then and these were not really expensive compared to the real Fenders being sold in Germany.