Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does anyone know what color this is?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lo-end, Jul 23, 2001.

1. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    I want to get a Stingray5 in this same color. Could someone (like Gard) help me find out what is the name of this color shade?

[​IMG]

2. FunkSlapRumblefish

FunkSlapRumblefish Guest

May 23, 2000
    Charlotte, NC
    I think it's just the basic "Pearl Blue" finish, not sure though.

(Yay!! I'm finally a "Member" !! :D)

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  4. Looks like pearl blue to me.

5. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    maybe i should email them and ask them what color it is, since I looked at the color chart and couldnt figure out which color it was for sure... just curious... who should I email about that? I see about 20 different addys?

6. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Yeah man that's pearl blue. I got the Stingray 5 2 weeks ago. its pearl blue with black perloid pickguard.. its beautiful.. if you are gonna get a stingray, get a perloid pickguard of sorts.. I think they just make the MM basses that much prettier

7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    That is indeed Pearl Blue! :D

It isn't a discontinued color either, JTBP, it's quite active. We sell a LOT of that color at BC, seems to be a real "crowd pleaser". Of the solids, that is my personal favorite (but I must confess I prefer the Transparent colors, I'm beginning to develop a fondness for the Trans Green...which one of my co-workers refers to as "Puke Green" :p ). Great basses.

Just sent a real pretty Trans Orange SR5 to Gman this afternoon. Man, that one is killer, beautiful piece of wood for the body, the T-O finish really shows off the grain. But the knockout punch is the VERY flamed piece of maple the neck is made out of...WOW!!! Hope Gman digs it....can't imagine him not. It's a real good player too, and has that typical StingRay tone. SMACK!!! Right in the face....