Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does anyone know where I can get the Truss Cover for a W Thumb?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by billparks, Feb 14, 2006.

1. billparks

billparks

Feb 3, 2006
    I just picked up a used Warwick Thumb from Atomic Music last night. I noticed after I got home, the truss rod access cover is missing.

While it's not really a big deal because this bass is awesome, no way beyond awesome, I'd still like to satiate the anal compulsive "inner bass player" who demands everything be perfect - especially drummers...

Anyway does anyone know where I can get a replacement cover?

Side bar: Atomic music is one of the best music stores in the country (Located In Metro DC Area). They deal almost exclusively with used gear and will buyand sell gear for a fair price.

I walked in last night w/an Ibanez SR800 and a TC Helicon VoiceWorks (Harmonizer) to trade and walked out with the Thumb for just a few hundred out of my pocket.

Anyhow, no, I don't work for them but have been a customer for many years and passing it on. If you are looking for gear check them out. www.atomicmusiconline.com (Their website inventory list is not very up to date so call the store)

2. Charmand G

Charmand G

Nov 30, 2005
    Norway
    Warwick, being a manufacturer that tends to take care of their customers, would probably be kind enough to send you one. If it`s gonna be cheap or not, I dont` know.

visit their forum and check it out. Some of the workers tend to hang there. ;)

3. billparks

billparks

Feb 3, 2006

Thanks, I emailed the US rep and they took care of me immediately - Kudos to Dale.

4. yup, warwick has been awesome. great customer services. :hyper:

5. Dana B. Goods should be able to hook you up with your missing cover. I have contacted them previously about aquiring a bridge for a custom bass I was wanting to build, and received a very friendly and prompt reply.

-ryan-

6. billparks

billparks

Feb 3, 2006

Thanks Ryan, that is exectly who I spoke with and Dale sent it out the same day...

7. Charmand G

Charmand G

Nov 30, 2005
    Norway
    Glad to hear it worked out!! They`re pretty helpfull and easy to deal with. :)