1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Does anyone know where to find Ernie Ball Flatwounds (45-105), in the UK?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by ThunderFox, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Hey everyone, I'm looking for some Ernie Ball Flatwounds, NOT the newer Cobalt strings, the regular Stainless Steel ones, here in the UK. I'm not a fan of the Cobolts, thought I would be since I liked the guitar equivalents, the high frequencies are too pronounced for my taste.

I keep looking at the music stores around the UK, but I'm coming up with nothing. I see stores in other countries selling them, but the price of getting them to Britain wouldn't be worth it, as I might as well buy Rotosound, or D'Addario flatwounds, which are easier to find.

But I'm used to Ernie Ball as a brand, or I would prefer to keep it that way, but I'm lost. Does anyone know where I can find any Ernie Ball Stainless Steel Flatwounds, on this little island of mine?

Thanks in advanced!!!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  2. HaphAsSard

HaphAsSard

Dec 1, 2013
    Italia
    Nowhere, and neither can you outside it for that matter: a 45-105 set (what they call "Hybrid Slinky" in other product lines, including, funnily enough, the cobalt flats) doesn't exist.
    Flatwound Electric Bass Strings | Ernie Ball

This said, lookie:
    Strings Direct - Ernie Ball Flat Wound Sets
    Stringbusters - http://www.stringbusters.com/Ko-Bespoke/productlist.asp?cat=1/BASS STRINGS/BASS STRINGS ERNIE BALL
    (^ Both vendors have EB flats both cobalt and cobaltless.)

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 4, 2021