Does anyone know who this sticker is?

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by AHbassist, May 13, 2006.

1. AHbassist

AHbassist

Sep 22, 2005
    Kennesaw, GA
    theres a little round red sticker on Mike Watt's (the minutemen, the stooges) bass and his lower cab. I cant seem 2 figure out who's face it is. One of ya'll r probably gonna tell me itz Jaco and I'm gonna feel like an idiot. Either way I'd like 2 know, thanx.:help:

526px-Wattforwikipedia.jpg

2. fretless Bob

fretless Bob If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.

Nov 27, 2005
    Harrow, London, U.K
    that is certainly not Jaco!

this is Jaco

jaco_mini.jpg

its Mike Watt without his moustache or glasses which is his regular look now

Dave

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    looks like Lenin.

4. OiBass

OiBass

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus,OH
    I think its Bob Marley-
    Flea has the same sticker on his white Jazz bass-

5. theschnitt

theschnitt Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    It's a pic of d.Boon with the caption "punk is whatever we made it to be." No surprise that Flea flies this sticker since "Blood Sugar. . ." is dedicated to Watt.

6. fretless Bob

fretless Bob If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.

Nov 27, 2005
    Harrow, London, U.K
    whoa did you edit the question that you asked or did i just not read it right? :confused:

I swear you where asking who the guy with the bass was not who was on the sticker.

i guess i need to not stay up so late :)

Dave

7. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    awesome...

8. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    I saw Watt about a month ago and the 'stache was back - but he's been to Europe and back since then...

9. A friend at work grew up in Pedro, and he kinda knew Watt from around the neighborhood. Long story short, I was fortunate enough to get to meet Watt and throw back a few drinks w/ him. Its REALLY cool when your heros are everything you expect them to be. He was the most real, down to earth person I had ever met.

And he can drink!

Nyama74 likes this.
  10. Uprightboy

Uprightboy Burney

Jul 20, 2006
    West Memphis, Arkansas
    Yep,
    When I met Mike in Memphis. It was like we had known each other for years. He's a Real person, not one of those rock star guys who flex their ego and fame. I'm glad to know someone I look up to is that easy going. He's inspiring on an off the stage.
    Where can I get one of those D.Boone stickers?
    _Burney Warren

Nyama74 likes this.
  11. paul_g

paul_g

Aug 15, 2006
    Vancouver BC
  12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 21, 2022