Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does anyone know...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Every1TookMyName, May 28, 2001.

1. if Parker Guitars have any plans to make a bass? They did a great job reinventing the guitar with the Parker Fly, and I'd to see what they could do for bass...

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I heard rumors that they were going to make one, but it's been a while since I heard of any talk about it.

3. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    me too. and it sounds interesting, i like a lot their guitar. another guitar that i tried and amazed me recently is an andreas guitars. hope to try their basses too...
    check the website
    andreasguitars.com

4. The only one in existence that I'm aware of belongs to Steve Swallow and he wanted it so badly he had to sneak it out of Parker's shop before it was completed.

5. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    I think Swallow's is the only Parker bass in existence. I remember reading that Ken Parker was going to put a bass in production about 10 years ago, but plans fell through.

6. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    This is a fairly baffling situation. There is obviously demand for the bass and has been for years. Can't imagine what reason there is not to build a few, as I'm sure someone will pay whatever is asked for them.