Does anyone like Ibanez basses???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by skit_skittson, Dec 30, 2001.

1. I never see anything about Ibanez basses on here, I own a soundgear sr885 active 5 string and i love it. i can get any sound i want out of it and i can play anything from punk to funk to jazz on it. also i was thinking of getting the OLP stingray 4 string for more punk stuff but i'm thinking of waiting till i have enough money for a fender jazz 4 string. any thoughts would be great
  2. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    *ducks* I have three, I love mine.

3. Look for an ibanez atk.. they rock house but you can only get new ones over seas now and the old ones are hard to come by.... very nice though...

Yeah I like ibanez.

4. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I have an Ibanez. Serves me well, with no problems. 4 string converted BEAD, and has a better B string on it than most 5's I've tried. Go figure.
  5. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    I think its safe to say that all ibanez basses suck except for ATKs and BTBs.
  6. i read on this forum that someone had trouble with the b string being to loose one 5 strings. mine is perfect, it's snug but leaves enough play that i can flow when i'm playing. it's 35 scale too. i need help finding a used 4 string fender jazz bass (sunburst preferably). any tips would help a lot. if not i'll probably just get one from musicians friend. they haven't let me down before, except for the time when my epiphone acoustic bass never came in so i canceled my order. oh well.
  7. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Some. I like the Gary Willis, but I can't get a witness.
  8. Hmmmm....I don`t really know how to put this without making myself sound "snobby" or like a jerk,but ....

I think Ibanez makes some very decent basses(no idea whatsoever on their guitars)but as a rule of thumb you can generally find something better for the same price.

I own an EDC700 that I won from a contest and it is a nice bass.I used to really really like it.Although it is very comfortable and light with a thin neck,just does`nt give me "the" sound.I play my Fender P and my Dano more.

That being said....I hear the BTB`s and the ATK`s are great(never tried one though).If I did find/play an Ibanez that was(to me) great and wonderful and all that...I`d definatley buy her!!

Just my humble opinion.If it works for you...stick with it!:D

9. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    SR885 with a 35" scale??:confused: Every Soundgear I have ever seen/heard of has a 34" scale. If yours has a perfect B, that's great. I personally haven't played a Soundgear that has a decent B, but that is just my opinion.

You want a used Fender Jazz?? Try,,,, (these are all that come to mind right now--hey, it's late;) )
  10. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Oh yeah, almost forgot. Ibanez basses have been talked about plenty here. Want to find more out, use that little "Search" button at the top of the screen. Type in the word "Ibanez" and you will have hours and hours of reading.
  11. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

You beat me to it, Ryan.;) Soundgears have never come with a 35" scale as AFAIK.

My 506 has a better B than most Soundgears that I have played, but it's nowhere near as good as the B on my Rapture, my Sonus and my Cirrus. And the stock electronics on Soundgears do not sound good IMHO. Every other bass I own sounds better than my Soundgear.
  12. Ibanez BTB405 5 string and Ibanez GSR200 4 string fretless owner the BTB but as I've posted my only complaint is a seamingly quiet open B
  13. cap

Aug 8, 2001
    Hickam Hawaii
    Why is it i havent seen Allodox reply to this thread?:rolleyes:

14. Get with the times ,cap!!! He`s a Yamaha man now days!!:D :p
  15. cap

Aug 8, 2001
    Hickam Hawaii
    ya....i remember that.....that one bass didnt completly change his view did it?....wasnt he responsible for the went to the store for a can of beef came home with... thread?:)
  16. LOL

Ibanez/Yamaha man is kewl....just a bit confused....
    I think he liked Fenders a while back but the neck broke!DOH!

Hell,I got don`t see me giving up on women do you? :p

All in fun AllodoX,k?

17. I played a sgr 600 for 1,5 year ... it served me well *snif* :D
    I used it as a step-up (it had cost me 250$)

now I have my Warwick F.N.A. Jazzman 5 :p

but sometimes I wished I never sold the sgr..cauz it playes good too !
  18. I have a slightly old Ibanez SR505, which isnt made anymore. It has a fairly nice B, and the electronics are decent. I enjoy it, and got it for a good price. 300 dollars.
  19. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    Dude, I have a fender 4 strings jbass and a 5 strings BTB QM by ibanez i really like them .. The 5 strings sound very sweet ...

I post a pics if you want to see them ...

I look for a OLP stingray 4 too ...

SEE YA

Dec 31, 2001
    I own an Ibanez SoundGear 500. Have had it for a few years now. It's been a great bass. Very versatile. Warm McCartney-ish low end to a great funk slap. I get compliments on the tone all the time.:p