1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Does anyone make a case for an F-Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Poon, Dec 2, 2005.

1. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Greetings fellow F-Bass Owners or those "in the know"!

Do you guys know if anyone makes a "hard" case or a "hard-lite" case that will fit the F-Bass BN5 in particular. I think George and the Boys at F-Bass might make one, but I wanted to know if anyone had any luck with items that are aftermarket. Thanks.

-Poon

2. George Furlanet

George Furlanet Gold Supporting Member

Aug 23, 2002
    Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
    President, F Bass Inc
  3. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    the bass safe is a sweet case

i had a big heavy duty flight case made for my F basses years ago, its served me very well!

i'd imagine you could get a nice hardshell case, something like the MM basses come in.., rip out the foam etc, and put some new foam in, and cut it to shape of the F bass

thats what i would do. cheaper that way, and if u do a good job, it will make u look good aswell

4. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    +1000 on the SKB thing. THAT is how i travel with my F bass. I only had to succumb to the gate check demons once- after 4 hours of pure horror and anxiety on a flight, I ordered the "bass safe"- it is ideal because it is built like a tank and like George said- you put the bass in its gig bag so it's really padded and secure. For the price, it's a total steal.