1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Does Anyone Moderate The Review forums?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by srxplayer, Oct 23, 2006.

1. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    I have noticed on the review forums there are some really stupid comments that are left on some of the gear reviews.

I wasn't sure if anyone actually moderates the gear reviews but reviews such as as "this bass Sucks A$$" without any comments in the review should probably be deleted.

Just a thought...

2. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    +1

i agree. some of the reviews are pretty shotty.

3. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    Are you volunteering? :D

Seriously, I should probably have someone look things over, or even require pre-screening for all new reviews.

4. srxplayer

srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    Uh...Maybe? You know I have never really thought about it.:meh:

5. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    I had to edit a review just last week from some clown who reviewed a bow by saying it must suck even though he'd never seen one...because it was made of Brazilwood. I don't have time to do it, but I think some moderation or a review process is certainly in order.

6. There are also some posts in there with no ratings that just ask...

"Is this a good pedal... does it work on bass?"

...Come on people, it's for reviews, we have a whole forum for questions. :meh:

7. i concur

8. another +1 here.

9. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    I've changed the setup in the Review section, so that all new product uploads and reviews are put into an 'approval queue' before being displayed.

Unfortunately there isn't a 'report review' button - but if you can send me any URL's of bad reviews I'd be happy to take care of it.

Thanks,