1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

does anyone NOT have GAS?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Asa Samuel, Aug 6, 2007.

1. is there anyone who doesnt have any GAS at all? perfectly happy with your rig? guitar? strings? electronics etc.??

i always find myself gassing over something even if its just a new pick! :p

anyone out there?

Bass_Junkie

2. mjolnir

mjolnir Thor's Hammer 2.1.3beta

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Nope... Can't say I'm ever GAS free...

Even now I'm eyeballing a Marcus Miller Jazz, a new pup, electronics, and pickguard for my newly acquired (old as sin) RhythmLine P-Bass, and new cabs (don't know which yet).

3. Ed Goode

Ed Goode Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    I am GAS free today .... tomorrow, who knows, but for today I'm in very good shape :D

Actually, I have been pretty much GAS free for very nearly a year. I only made one sizeable purchase over the past year (a Barker B1 fretless 5) and that wasn't so much a GAS thing as it was an excellent opportunity to get a really unique bass for an excellent price .... :bassist:

I have 6 basses (electric) and a DB, and excellent rig for my purposes and enough little gadgets to keep me busy for a long time. I gig a lot and don't find myself searching for anything new to improve my sound (in terms of gear, that is .... I'm always trying to improve my playing ;) ). If a new opportunity crops up, maybe I'll need to get something else to handle the gig, but as of right now, I'm cool .... :cool:

4. yes, i love getting gas for something then finding out its not what you thought it was and saying 'aha i was partialy right all along!' :p :rolleyes:

5. I'm very GAS free as far as bass gear.

Live/PA gear has a pretty good hold on me.

6. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    For the first time in 7 years I am almost GAS free.

There are a couple of basses that I would love to have, but they require lenghty wait times, so I'm naturally deterred to act on the impulse.

And I'm just browsing eBay but not even putting stuff in my watch list. . . That is a good sign.

7. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    My gas is never really serious and sometimes next to non-existing. Usually because of lack of money... :(

Now though, I'm experiencing some serious GAS problems for a good Fender Jazz... I recently bought a fretless Squire jazz and I like the sound so much I realized I want a Fender to achieve my sound. My Warwick sounds pretty good, but it has not got the full, warm sound that a Fender J has and I don't like the weak slap sound I get from it. I actually prefer the slap sound of the fretless, at least with rounds on. :bag: :eek: ;) :D I guess it's because of the very hard ebonol fretboard...

8. for the time being i am very happy with my current setup...im sure that wont last too long though. never does.

9. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    I have constant gas. I won't deny it. But, I have been doing my best to fight it. It has been a few months now since I bought anything bigger than a cable or a pack of strings.

10. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    There are things that I think would be neat to have, but I wouldn't say I have GAS for anything right now.

11. I shouldn't have GAS, I'm picking up my Geddy Lee tomorrow, but I find my self still looking at the classifieds on here, and on ebay.....

12. Actually, yeah, pretty much. I vaguely want a fretless five but I don't even have a specific one in mind and I don't play in any projects where I'd need it or even use it at all, probably. Happy with the rig, happy with effects.

Now when you get into guitar gear, that's another story :rollno:

13. I don't have any GAS at all. I have 2 basses - A Geddy Lee signature, and a Dean Edge six-string fretless. I have all my basses covered, and I am a happy kitty.

14. Psychicpet

Psychicpet Guest

Mar 13, 2004
    Friend and Endorsee of Larry
    aside from the Fodera, MTD, Alleva-Coppolo, Alembic and 5 more Mollerups .... ya, I'm GAS free for basses... oh and a nice carved upright to compliment my plywood Engelhardt, ya I'm GAS free..... now for amps............

:p

15. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Yep I'm GAS free and have been for years. I'd happily buy more of what I've already got though...............

16. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    Been completely GAS free for over 20 years. Love my rig, love my basses, just wish I had time to use them anymore...LOL

17. G.A.S free people are LIARS!

18. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Lol.... believe what you want! I'll pray for you :)

19. My signature says it all ...

20. AdlerAugen

AdlerAugen

Aug 9, 2006
    I have GAS for very few things. All I want is a steinway concert grand piano...not too much right? costs less than a sadowsky right?