1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Does anyone on Talkbass have an old Aria Pro II bridge?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MOTORHEADBANGER, May 12, 2010.

1. MOTORHEADBANGER

MOTORHEADBANGER Spud-boy looking for a real tomato

Dec 23, 2008
    Sidney, Indiana
    I am planning on doing a complete refinishing project on my '83 Aria Pro II SB-R60 that I picked up off of Evil Bay. It is in a very nice Padoak red finish, but the finish is cracking everywhere, and there are chips all over the body. I have decided to paint it completely black, yes I am a Burton fan, but I need a bridge for it. It came with a bridge that is missing two saddles and is corroded. I am looking for a replacement.

I was wondering if anyone here had an old bridge from an Aria SB series bass, cardinal bass, thor sound bass, or IGB series that is similar to mine. Mine is identical to the old Elite I and II in spacing. I would much appreciate it if someone could help me out.:help:

Here is a pic of the style of bridge that I need.
    100_2669.

2. Thunder Pulse

Thunder Pulse

May 12, 2007
  3. MOTORHEADBANGER

Dec 23, 2008
    Sidney, Indiana
    Btw, the pic is of someone else's Aria, not mine.

4. MOTORHEADBANGER

Dec 23, 2008
    Sidney, Indiana
    I am willing to pay shipping on it.

5. MrHeadfirst

MrHeadfirst

Apr 17, 2010
    i have one on a project bass im working on...im kicking around the idea of letting it go,
    they are somewhat hard to come by without buying a whole bass, lol.
    let me think on it...
    only reason im kicking it around is that im sad to see an sb all gimped up, and im jealous, lol
    i think im going to pull the guts from this old bass anyway on put them in another unit, in which case, i wont need it. (talking myself into it)...

6. MOTORHEADBANGER

Dec 23, 2008
    Sidney, Indiana
    Man, I would greatly appreciate it. I have yet to have actually played my R60:bawl:, but I have played a Black 'n' Gold:D so I get the gist. By the way, what bass is the bridge from and is it black, chrome, brass, or gold plated?

7. MrHeadfirst

MrHeadfirst

Apr 17, 2010
    it is on an aria pro precede bass, prb-60 is the model.
    it is gold plated near as i can tell, its not in too bad of shape. i got the guitar as a project, the electronics rock but the frets and body suck...so im thinking transplant.
    i have long gassed for an sb1000 or something close.
    let me go over and look at the condition of the bridge and see what kind of shape its in, i havent looked close. if its good, ill pull it off tomorrow and send it over to you right away bro. i want you to get that bass rockin! be sure to send me pics when its done.
    im looking for any old sb pickups, if you know of any let me know.

8. MrHeadfirst

MrHeadfirst

Apr 17, 2010
    i wanted to make sure you got that last message...lol, i dont know how that happened

9. MOTORHEADBANGER

Dec 23, 2008
    Sidney, Indiana
    Thank you so much. I will make sure she gets on right away. I'll put up pics. The bass is in Padouk red finish, which I love but it is chipped and cracked all over the place, so I think I am going to refinish it in a normal or satin black. You know the old Cliff Burton trick. I get out of school the 27 so I will probably start a thread on the overhaul. I will keep it posted. If I don't like the way it looks though, I think I will redo the Padouk transparent red. I am not sure how I am going to transfer the logo and all of the print on the headstock when I paint it.

10. MrHeadfirst

MrHeadfirst

Apr 17, 2010
    i dont think id mess with it, nothing wrong with a bass that shows its been around. plus resale value goes down when people tamper with the finish...
    ill get if tomorrow for you, ill pm you later on to get your address and such.

11. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I had started to delete it as non-supporting members are not allowed to offer items for sale, then undeleted it after re-reading and seeing that it appeared you were offering the item for free.

12. MOTORHEADBANGER

Dec 23, 2008
    Sidney, Indiana
    Thanks Bryan. Sorry about the thread. I know it is kind of borderline on that subject. Just letting you know that I do not have the intent of buying/selling wares on this thread.

13. MOTORHEADBANGER

Dec 23, 2008
    Sidney, Indiana
    The chips and cracks are pretty bad. I think I'll just treat what I can. I will play it for a while as is, and do the refinishing during first few weeks of summer. I am planning on using it in a concert I have in two weeks. Like I said , I am not really caring about the resale value, because if I want an all stock museum quality SB I'd order an SB1000. I am just making a true player's bass, also a Cliff Burton tribute. If I don't like how the satin black refin turns out though I will just strip it and leave it natural or the original style Padouk Red. I'll keep in touch.

By the way, if you want SB p'ups get in contact with Aaron Armstrong. He makes a perfect replica of the old SB pickup and from what I heard they are excellent. Most of the SB pups are the same just the change in tones comes from the electronics on the passive versions "all except the 1000" if you put the dual sound switch in humbucker mode they sound identical to the SB1000, the rotary sound switch on the SB1000 is just different preamp settings which you can get with the eq on your amp. If put in single coil mode the passive ones are very high output and very strong sounding much like if a Rickenbacker and a P-bass combined with the right growl and punch. I have gigged with a black'n'gold and I can say if you can find an SB for sale go for it.

14. MrHeadfirst

MrHeadfirst

Apr 17, 2010
    cool, thanks for the info,
    Hey Brian, thanks for not deleting the thread. I know the rules too, and i was hoping we'd be ok, since its not a sale. Thanks again.

15. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    No problem :)