Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does anyone pimp out their PC cases?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tsal, Apr 3, 2003.

1. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I've been getting the ol' "pimping out" vibe again as springtime is upon Finland and my parents' garage can be used as a workshed again.. No no no, not in the prostitute-kind of sense, but in the sense of customizing and painting stuff! :eek: I have atleast one old cheapo acoustic guitar waiting to be repaired and refinished.. But anyways, lately I have been interested in redoing computer cases, as I grow tired with the usual dull gray looks and such.

Here's what I did last fall with my new cheapo case. Nothing special though, just spraypainted the sides and cover plates of this $20 case with metallic red and some clear gloss, but it looks quite a bit better now. The chrome was there when I bought it. Even my mates said that they liked it much better now!

So, any other case hot-rodders around?

Ponder.. perhaps I'll match the finish of the CD-drive and add a window and some colored light inside the case next.. :cool:

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I wish that was real, because I think an aquarium like that would be neat.

3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    No money for that. I need a new pc first.

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

It is real...it's not mine, but there is a company that makes kits to make these aquariums. A lot of people do it with their OLD apple's like the Apple II and stuff like that, the iMac aquarium is a more recent thing, but it is real. :D

5. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    my case has a "Theorem" sticker on it.... pretty good bass player in that band....

P@

:D

6. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Hee hee hee .. :D

I presume that's the case-pimpin' world equal of aquarium platform boots :p

7. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hot Damn! That is really cool! I've been jonesing for a fishtank...that would be cool too...

8. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
  9. Yep, 2x120mm fans (intake), one on the side and one up front, 2x80mm fans (output) in the back above the PSU, CCFL-tubes(2) and soundproofing.

I'm going to add a window soon, but I need to learn how to use the CAD/CAM stuff at school first, and roue some sorta pattern into it.

p.s. My case is a AOpen HQ08