Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does Anyone Recall Spectors Ever Looking Like This?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by cassanova, Apr 7, 2003.

1. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Ive never in all my years as a bass lover and owner seen a Spector bass that looked like this. Not even in the Kramer era of Spectors have I. Have any of you? I think someones bulls****ing people to make a buck.

kramer spector

2. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    that is a kramer spector. a kramer made during the kramer spector days. with spectors pups.''

steve

3. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Never seen one like that. :meh:

4. Heard of, never seen. $200 isn't unreasonable if it really has spector...well..spec'ed electronics.

5. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I don't belive thats a spector. Even the kramer era ones had the body and headstock.........

Might just be a kramer bass.

I could be wrong.....but damn.

6. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida

Thats what Im thinking too.

Ive never seen a Kramer Spector that looked like that. I thought the prototypes and early Models had the same body style or similar body style/headstocks they do today. (The Ned Stienberger design.) I also thought the original/early spectors had a piece of aluminum running down the sides of the neck.

7. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I'm kinda thinkin' the same thing you are...

Also, if this person is, in fact, trying to sell a Spector, wouldn't that person want to show the Spector logo on something other than the pickups?:confused:

8. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Yeah, and the gaint, faint, KRAMER logo on the headstock doesn't help does it?

9. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Ha ha ha...I didn't even notice!!!:D

ROTFLMAO

10. Skerik1

Skerik1

Sep 21, 2002
    Saint Paul, MN
    A friend of mine has a Spector that looks like a jazz bass. It feels like a Spector neck, 24 frets, bolt-on, and has the Spector headstock and logo but has a Jazz-style body. It had two Extended Series pickups, but I'm not sure what was inside the housing (DC, J, P, or CS).

--Matthew

11. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Thats jazz body didn't happen to look like a rex series did it.

12. that's a Spector B.O.B. , made in the US IIRC.
    [​IMG]

13. Skerik1

Skerik1

Sep 21, 2002
    Saint Paul, MN

No, no, no. It looks like a Fender Jazz Bass but with different pickups, 24 frets, and a different headstock.

--Matthew

14. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2002
    Chandler, Arizona
    I think that Kramer is a Forum model that they had in the 80's. It had the p/j pickups with the Spector logo on them. You know, like some of the Kramer/Spector's had. I guess that was supposed to be a selling point? I've seen several of these over the years in pawn shops and on ebay.