Does anyone use these picks?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by tplyons, Oct 4, 2003.

1. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Does anyone use either a 355 large triangle or a 346 rounded triangle pick? I'm using Tortex triangles right now which is somewhere in between, looking at getting some custom imprinted picks and I only have these two options for shapes. If anyone uses them, would you be kind enough to send me one to try? Brand, material don't matter. Heavy's or mediums preferred. Thanks a lot!

2. I have a dozen of those Clayton .88mm Delrin picks(triangles) and I love them...I hate the tear drop design,and the "normal" shape is ok,but I find the triangle really comfortable:)

*shrug* just me...

Try a delrin pick,the sound is supposedly "brighter" But the pick itself is more durable and easy-grip:)
  3. BassesOfDeath

Sep 13, 2003
    The bottom pic is the only picks I ever use, and I rarly pick so. *shrugs*
  4. *when* i pick i like the 1st style. just feels right. sadly, i only have one i can find at the moment and its a light gauge =[ i recommend heavey or at least medium, though i guess that can be debated
  5. No picks here, just fingers and thumb for slapping and popping.

;) Treena
  6. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    When i DO use a pick i use Dunlop Triangle Stubbies. They come in 1.5mm, 2mm, and 3mm. I use the 2mm's the most.
  7. Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    I have 'Gibson Heavies' They look like the bottom ones. They are about 1.5mm. I dontreally find them comfortable, i prefer a nice, normal guitar-style pick, abount 1.17 (dunlop) thickness.
  8. rumblethump

rumblethump Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2000
    Pioneer CA. 95666
    I've used white Fender heavies for years. They are a lot easier to find on a dark stage. The triangle style never felt comfortable. Most recently I've been using a pick Carol Kaye gave me which is a Heavy but a bit smaller. BTW I also use my fingers, thumb, and any technique that will convey the sound I'm looking for. So....I vote for the bottom pic ture.