Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does Bass PODxt Live have stereo outputs?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by David Henry, Jun 19, 2005.

1. David Henry

David Henry Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2000
    Bend, Oregon 97702
    I can't find this detail on the Line 6 website.
    If it does, are they 1/4" or XLR?
    Any close up pics available?

2. Sako

Sako

Nov 4, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    As far as I know, it does not have stereo outputs or XLR outputs.

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    yeah, from what I can read of the specs it doesn't.
    I'll check it out when it comes out and let you know

4. PhilMan99

PhilMan99

Jul 18, 2003
    US, Maryland
    The Bass PODxt does not have stereo. It has two 1/4" TRS jacks - one "modeled", one "clean". Alternatively, you can set it to bi-amping (lows from one output, highs from another).

Bass PODX Pro adds XLR, but I don't think it has stereo.

5. David Henry

Mar 24, 2000
    Bend, Oregon 97702
    It does appear that none of the Bass POD products offers stereo outputs.
    I can see that when using it live it is not so important to have stereo, but as a recording tool, I would want the option.

:rolleyes: The guitar version has stereo outs!

6. David Henry

Mar 24, 2000
    Bend, Oregon 97702
    I got this email from Line 6:

"Dave- well, the way it works is you have a MODEL out and a D.I out. But you have to option to mix the modelled sound on the DI OUT. So if you set the DI MIX to 100% modelled, you get 2 modelled outs that can be used for a stereo image if you connect it to 2 channels on a mixer and pan hard left/right.

We still don't have to manual for the BASS POD XT Live because it hasn't been officially released yet but that might change soon .. very soon :)"

Clear as mud. :smug:

They could have added two more dedicated left and right output jacks, as on the guitar version, for very little $.

Cheap wads.

7. David Henry

Mar 24, 2000
    Bend, Oregon 97702
    Well, I just quickly read the manual, and there are no stereo effects and no stereo outputs.
    No mention of any alternative to get stereo output, as stated by the Line 6 employee.

What a misleading jerk. :mad:

8. That's disappointing to say the least....

9. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    No, he was not a jerk. Chances are he was not the one in charge of printing out the manual. But he obviously knew something about effects.

If you take the time to check ANY of your stereo modulation pedals out, you will have what basically amounts to an effected out and a straight out. JUST LIKE WHAT THE GUY SAID!

Try it! Get one of your stereo modulation pedals and hook it up mono, first one side then the other. THEN try it stereo. See the difference?

And as far as TRUE stereo goes...that's pretty much the realm of delays and reverbs anyway.

So what the guy said is pretty much on the level. One side effected out + one side uneffected out = stereo EFFECT.

Jeez man! It's not a perfect world. It's up to us bass players to try and keep things on an even keel!

[​IMG]

:D

Joe.