1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Does bassstringsonline Update Orders with Tracking #s?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by 74hc, Sep 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. 74hc

74hc

Nov 19, 2015
    California
    First time to see how well the experience goes and evaluate how bassstrings does business. So far my order status has only changed from "to order" to "on order" with no tracking number.

These guys are not my usual vendor which is Pitbull Audio down the I-15 interstate in El Cajon.

2. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    Yes we do. As soon as the item actually ships.

Please contact us directly. We are not far from there in Temecula just off the fifteen

Charlzm and Spidey2112 like this.
  3. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    OK back from dropping off some last minute packages at the post office...

If you are seeing that then the item you purchased was not listed as in stock. The item is on order and we are waiting to receive it before we can fulfill your order. As soon as it comes in we usually turn it around the same day if it is a domestic order.

If you could contact us we would be happy to give you more specific information regarding your order. If you emailed today I still see I have a few more emails to go through which are being responded to now.

Spidey2112 likes this.
  4. mmbongo

mmbongo Dilly Dilly! Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Bass Strings Online.com

There's no better place to buy strings. Period.

5. 74hc

74hc

Nov 19, 2015
    California
    The webpage does not say out of stock. Besides, my credit card was hit for the purchase early in the week. This experience is not going well at all.

6. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Patience and understanding, my friend... BSO will come through, don't worry...

Charlzm likes this.
  7. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    I have sent you a direct message and no reply yet.

Please advise the product to I can ensure the stock status is displayed properly.

MDBass likes this.
  8. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Yep... other things as well... just ordered a HipShot bridge, the process expedited by having it sent directly to me (from Hipshot), as opposed to waiting to replenish BSO's stock, then sending...

... Jason is also very customer-oriented, and is great at getting back to his customers, answering their concerns...

MDBass, Charlzm and SLaPiNFuNK like this.
  9. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Dingwall-Fender-Jule-Dunlop-Tech 21-Darkglass-Nordstrand
    You had a reply from the owner of BSO within THREE MINUTES of posting offering you customer service.

Respond to him directly so you can get the info you need instead of simply continuing to complain in the thread :thumbsup:

tbz likes this.
  10. blacktocomm

blacktocomm

Feb 19, 2013
    Maryland
    This was my experience almost every time I ordered from BSO. People here will defend him til the day he dies, but he honestly needs to get his business/website organized. I just buy strings here from talkbass now. No issues at all.

armybass likes this.
  11. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    Thank you. I appreciate all input. Just finished relocating and am hiring new staff. In my old location I was short handed for a while and could not hire new people as I just would have had to fire them... Happy to talk and make things up to you.

12. el_Bajo_Verde

el_Bajo_Verde

May 18, 2016
    USA
    One thing I would say could help bassstringsonline is to have an accurate "In stock" or "out of stock" status for all of their strings. I'd imagine it might take a while to do now after the move, but it would be worth it! When I can't find the exact strings I want, I will gladly settle for whatever's in stock!

Most people will see that something says "in stock", then they order it, then it changes to "to order" after a week or so. I understand how this can be frustrating, especially for someone who has never ordered from there before.

armybass and Aqualung60 like this.
  13. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    Totally understand and working on getting things updated. I actually have not "received" inventory for quite some time and the majority of products say out of stock when they are in stock.

I am in the process of revamping the site as well and did notice some products copied old inventory data but I am correcting those as I discover them.

Thank you!

Spidey2112 and el_Bajo_Verde like this.
  14. monsterthompson

monsterthompson The Eighth Note Wonder Of The World

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    2 of my 3 experiences with BSO involved annoyances/headaches where I needed to follow up on my order, and 1 went as smooth as it should've (click purchase, receive package). They clearly have lots of loyalists, so I have to assume my headaches were the exception, not the rule.

Otherwise, Jason is quite knowledgeable and reasonably responsive for a guy running a small business which seems to get a decent amount of traffic. Obviously, he has already jumped in here to address the OP, which is something you don't get with most vendors.

Spidey2112, BassWaffle and SLaPiNFuNK like this.
  15. They were GREAT....I had to wait a little bit as THEY were waiting for a shipment which included some strings that I ordered....Once they got them and shipped my order out I got a Tracking Number....And, I will order more from them as I need....Was not a bad experience at all !!!

SLaPiNFuNK likes this.
  16. nice_hat

nice_hat Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2017
    Puget Sound, WA
    I just placed an order a few days ago, and when I was curious about the shipping status, I sent a text. He got back to me very quickly and let me know when to expect my order to ship.

Spidey2112 likes this.
  17. BassWaffle

BassWaffle

Apr 10, 2011
    DC/Baltimore
    Just recently I had a similar experience where an item was listed as Ships in 1-7 Days but was out of stock and no plans were in place to procure the item in that time period. Between this, him failing to mention the item was out of stock until over a week after i submitted the order, and him not being "able to reach" the pedal couplers I ordered (completely unsure of what he meant by that), the confused email conversation that ensued delayed the shipping of my order by almost 3 weeks.
    Ive ordered from Jason numerous times and he has an unparalleled breadth of selection, and Ill definitely continue to order from him whenever I need strings. I understand the company is transitioning and everything is getting thrown out of wack, but in our email chain it felt like he was kind of trying to push the blame on me, which I did not appreciate. I hope this phase passes, because otherwise BSO is a wonderful resource.

18. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    Yes. That was while much of my inventory was stuck in storage. I had a 28x12 unit and tried to keep as much as I could accessable from the front. Unfortunately some items got placed too far back to access. Now we are moved into our new facility and that is no longer a problem.

Spidey2112 and BassWaffle like this.
  19. GK Growl

GK Growl Banned

Dec 31, 2011
    This +1000. It amazes me that someone does business with a company and when something doesn't look or go like it should, they come on the internet complaining without even trying to contact the seller. I have done a little business with Jason and the times that something seemed to take longer than expected, I contacted him and got quick responses. On the other hand, if you run your business like Kalium Strings (which I really have a hard time even referring to them as a business) and don't ship on time, don't return emails, etc, then I would expect someone to go online and vent. But at least try to contact the seller first.

Spidey2112 likes this.
  20. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Keep up the great work, Jason!