Does Cliff Burton always use distortion?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by yarg682, Aug 5, 2009.

1. yarg682

yarg682

Dec 20, 2008
    There are obvious ones like Orion or For Whom the Bell Tolls but my friend claims he always sprinkles it in every song. Maybe sometimes his tone sounds a little strange like the intro and outro of hit the lights or some of creeping death but I don't think he uses distortion to get that tone

2. his natural tone is deffinatly *distorted* i dont think he neisarly used distortion in every song, but when you listen to his isolated bass tracks, they sound naturally distorted for sure

3. kill em all songsare pretty clean except a few bits in seek and destroy and anesthesia,and from then on the only thing i can think of is the intro to fight fire with fire.

4. I don't think Cliff uses any distortion anymore, or for that matter, a bass.

5. ba-dum *ching*

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021