1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

does EBMM use graphite reinforcements on their basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassic_element, Jun 13, 2007.

1. bassic_element

bassic_element

Sep 20, 2006
    I am on the market for a 4 stringer bass, but i want a bass with a graphite reinforced neck, like American Jazz Basses. Also does the lakland skylines have the rods aswell? Specially the 44-01? I have been told a couple of times EBMM, used them. If they do what year did they start?

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    nope and nope

3. bovinehost

bovinehost Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    He's right and he's right.

4. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    You shouldn't need the graphite if the neck was built well.

Never had to adjust the neck on my EBMM... FYI.

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Even well built basses need adjustment. Usually 2+ times a year when the seasons change. depends where you live.

6. Even graphite reinforced necks sometimes need ajustments depending on climate. I live in an area with hot n' humid summers and cold dry winters. Dang near everything needs a slight tweak here n there.

7. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Lakland Skyline 5-strings (and not the fours) have the rods, but it's not a cure-all.

8. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
    If the neck on my EBMM moved every day (it doesn't) I wouldn't mind.

Why? Because of the MOST BRILLIANT TRUSS ROD DESIGN EVER!!!

I'm very passionate about that truss wheel. :)

9. my wishbass hasn't had a trussrod adjustment, yet...lol...seriously, though, I've had it 3 years and the neck will NOT move...maple/purpleheart/maple/purpleheart/maple baseball bat
    I haven't touched my Yamaha in almost a year, and it's still good (maple, no graphite Jazz-like profile)
    conversely, my Carvin AC40 has a thin mahogany neck with two graphite reinforcements in it...I have to adjust this bass at LEAST twice a year...fortunately, it's the easiest adjusting trussrod I have.

10. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    I wonder if my graphite neck has wood reinforcement bars......:D

11. Actually.....

ummmm....

no....

LOL

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 28, 2021