Does Eden 410XLT = 2 x 210XLT?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by maxcoleman, Mar 15, 2004.

1. I know there has been some discussion on the difference between an Eden 410XLT and a 210XLT but I can't find anything that actually compares a single 410XLT with 2 x 210XLTs run together. I have tried a 410XLT and loved it but would rather have the flexibilty and portability of 2 x 210XLTs which I do not have any opportunity to try. So I need to rely on the experiences of others to help me with this decision. Can anybody comment on what differences there would be between these two approaches mainly in regard to sound? Would 2 x 210XLTs sound the same as a 410XLT?

thanks for any help
  2. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Good question. I've always wondered if a pair of 210s would lose some coupling effect, or other positive, in comparison to a single 410 cab. Eagerly lurking for an answer...
  3. I have both a 210XLT and a 410XLT and while I have not run 2 210s simultaneously, in subjective listening between my 410 and 210, to me the 210 has slightly more low-end then the 410 with the same overall Eden tone.

I'd don't think you'd loose anything with 2 210XLTs. You might actually gain a little more bottom.
  4. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    As background, I've been using a pair of 2-10XLTs for a few years. I've run it with various heads including 800rb, 1001rb, iAMP800, and a WT-550. I went with this configuration so that I could use two cabs for loud gigs, and one cab for small to medium size rooms.

I've wondered the same thing as you, and I've never been able to A/B the two configurations next to each other. I did a corporate gig in December and the backline was a WT-800 and a 4-10XLT. I can't recall a noticable difference in tone or volume, when compared to two 2-10XLTs. If there was a diff, it was very subtle.
  5. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I've tried it. I originally wanted the 410 but found it to be a bit too heavy. So I contemplated getting a couple of 210's. The fabulous guys at the Bass PLayer in Sydney were happy to set up whatever configuration I asked for, so I got to try out a lot of different setups that day :)

It sounds very similar to a 4x10 with maybe a little bit more bottom end. The 210 is tuned a bit lower than the 410 so that could explain it, but there was certainly a little bit more pant flapping going on with a pair of 210's.
  6. You know after thinking about this, I guess that's why I ended up with an XLT410 and 210. No trade-off required. 210 for smaller gigs. 410 for bigger rooms and both when I really need to crank it.
  7. Jerry Ziarko

Jerry Ziarko Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I in fact did own both at the same time! A/B comparison-- Pete had it very close. I would say to me as a stand alone, the 4X10 was a bit tighter. It was not a big difference, in fact very little to be honest. The 2- 2X10's however did produce a bit more in the low end dept. The 4X10 was a 4 ohm box and each of the 2X10's were 8 ohm. The beauty of the 2-2X10 set up is exactly as stated-- easier to trasport as well as more flexibility in positioing etc. That being said although one of the smaller boxes was just 8 ohm, it fit the bill just fine in smaller situations.