1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Does F-bass make 4 stringers?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Whafrodamus, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I haven't seen any on the site or on the boards. Are there any in extistance?

2. basses55

basses55 Gold Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Endorsing Artist: Alleva Coppolo, FBass, Moollon
    Absolutely. there just isent a big market for them so they dont show up in alot of places. I've played several and they're pretty killer. I though there was at least one pic in the FBass gallery somewhere....actually , If I'm not mistaken, George has some bodies already done and waiting for a customer....

3. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    what basses55 said- there are two available that i know of

4. Gsxtasy99

Gsxtasy99

Jul 10, 2003
    Boston, MA
    they sure do, there's a kid here at my school that has one, mighty nice bass.

5. It looks like there is a green and a red BN4 on the Fbass website. You might try calling an F bass dealer andseeing what kind of deal you can get. I know there are many out there... but my favorite is Adrian.. at accessbass.com :bassist: He's always been kind to adork like me,he's a super cool cat, and monster bass player!!

6. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    The red 4-string BN4 on Austin BT's site is absolutely ill! (for $1895).

That thing looks so wicked, someone *definitely* needs to buy it and rub it in our faces.

Will

7. Hey, that kid wouldn't happen to be me would it? I only know of two other students at Berklee with an F Bass, but they're both BN5s. If there's someone else with a BN4, I'd be interested. By the way, Oscar's a great teacher. I saw his name in your profile. I had him second semester, and I'm in his lating jazz ensemble now.

Anyway, here's a picture of my bass. The neck on it is just amazing. The spacing is somewhere in between a Jazz bass and a P bass.

8. Gsxtasy99

Gsxtasy99

Jul 10, 2003
    Boston, MA
    woah, that's creepy. I was the kid w/ blond hair who saw you sitting in hallway by 1Z in 1140 and said "nice bass". Oscar's crazy good, i don't know if i'm gonna take from him next semester, i'm tempted to go with danny mo.

9. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    you guys study with Oscar Stagnaro? how very cool!! a Peruvian keyboardist I work with here a lot- Ricardo "Cocho" Arbe plays with Oscar in Alex Acuna's band " Los Hijos del Sol" - kudos to you guys for attending Berklee- i so wish I had!!

10. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
  11. For the life of me, I can't remember that exact day. Was it last semester? I must have been waiting for a lab, or my lesson or something. By the way, good luck getting Danny. He only has like six lesson slots available. I tried taking from him this semester, (fourth), and he was completely booked. I'm gonna keep trying though. He is possibly the coolest teacher at Berklee. I've actually got a lab with him in a half hour.