Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does F-bass make 4 stringers?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Whafrodamus, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I haven't seen any on the site or on the boards. Are there any in extistance?

2. basses55

basses55 Gold Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Endorsing Artist: Alleva Coppolo
    Absolutely. there just isent a big market for them so they dont show up in alot of places. I've played several and they're pretty killer. I though there was at least one pic in the FBass gallery somewhere....actually , If I'm not mistaken, George has some bodies already done and waiting for a customer....

3. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    what basses55 said- there are two available that i know of

4. Gsxtasy99

Gsxtasy99

Jul 10, 2003
    Boston, MA
    they sure do, there's a kid here at my school that has one, mighty nice bass.

5. It looks like there is a green and a red BN4 on the Fbass website. You might try calling an F bass dealer andseeing what kind of deal you can get. I know there are many out there... but my favorite is Adrian.. at accessbass.com :bassist: He's always been kind to adork like me,he's a super cool cat, and monster bass player!!

6. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    The red 4-string BN4 on Austin BT's site is absolutely ill! (for $1895).

That thing looks so wicked, someone *definitely* needs to buy it and rub it in our faces.

Will

7. Hey, that kid wouldn't happen to be me would it? I only know of two other students at Berklee with an F Bass, but they're both BN5s. If there's someone else with a BN4, I'd be interested. By the way, Oscar's a great teacher. I saw his name in your profile. I had him second semester, and I'm in his lating jazz ensemble now.

Anyway, here's a picture of my bass. The neck on it is just amazing. The spacing is somewhere in between a Jazz bass and a P bass.

8. Gsxtasy99

Gsxtasy99

Jul 10, 2003
    Boston, MA
    woah, that's creepy. I was the kid w/ blond hair who saw you sitting in hallway by 1Z in 1140 and said "nice bass". Oscar's crazy good, i don't know if i'm gonna take from him next semester, i'm tempted to go with danny mo.

9. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    you guys study with Oscar Stagnaro? how very cool!! a Peruvian keyboardist I work with here a lot- Ricardo "Cocho" Arbe plays with Oscar in Alex Acuna's band " Los Hijos del Sol" - kudos to you guys for attending Berklee- i so wish I had!!

10. pistoleroace

pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    WI
  11. For the life of me, I can't remember that exact day. Was it last semester? I must have been waiting for a lab, or my lesson or something. By the way, good luck getting Danny. He only has like six lesson slots available. I tried taking from him this semester, (fourth), and he was completely booked. I'm gonna keep trying though. He is possibly the coolest teacher at Berklee. I've actually got a lab with him in a half hour.