Does Gallien Krueger answer emails?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DaBassman, Feb 4, 2004.

1. DaBassman

Mar 25, 2002
    Oneonta, NY
    I've sent a couple of emails to GK and never received any response....are they always like this?
  2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Dan Elliot has said it before, they're a few men short, and they were on a nice long holiday, so I'm sure they're playing catch-up now. They're normally extremely helpful.
  3. DaBassman

Mar 25, 2002
    Oneonta, NY
    Thanks! Never had any experience with them before, thought it was odd....
  4. Actually our internet access has been completely down since December 31st. We relocated our Santa Clara office where our servers are located and SBC really dragged their feet on reconnecting our T1 line. I received email in the office today for the first time. It's down again, but they said it should be working when I get there in the morning. Sorry about any problems this might've caused.
  5. Mattski

Jan 6, 2003
    Cleveland, OH
    I am a huge GK fan. I have a 400RB, a 700RB/112 and a 1001RB II. I love them all dearly (for different reasons) and recommend them often.

But GK does NOT answer thier e-mail. I have asked several questions via e-mail and have never had a response. (From way before 12/31.) Calling on the phone was significantly more gratifying. I even got to talk with Dan. :)
  6. DaBassman

Mar 25, 2002
    Oneonta, NY
    Well, I hope the email situation is corrected and GK will answer my messages! This is my first dealing with GK.... :meh:
  7. I've had both experiences. A couple of years ago a dude named Scott who is no longer there helped me out with an 800 RB. He even sent me pdf files of the service manual for free. More recently I needed to fix a 200 RCB and came up empty on email. But when I called they were very helpful and came up with all the stuff I needed, and even helped me with a replacement for an obsolete part. However, as with most companys, their replacement parts are expensive compared with digikey or mouser - its just that you need a schematic to know what's what.

Both of those experiences were a while ago, so I can't really speak for how it is currently.

Go Dan Elliot!
  8. DaBassman

Mar 25, 2002
    Oneonta, NY
    still waiting...... :bawl: hope they get back on line soon
  9. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    Maybe you should post your ?s here, or PM them directly to Daniel Elliot.
  10. swamprock76

Feb 15, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Had a few problems with a GK item and he came through like a champ!!! Very cool guy :hyper:

Take care Dan!