Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does GC stock yorkville?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tekhna, Dec 11, 2004.

1. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004
    Does anyone know, employee or knowledgeable type peoples?

2. why don't you just call them?.

3. tekhna

tekhna

Nov 7, 2004

Because I am nowhere near one at the moment, but will be when I get home next week from school.

4. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Nope, not that I've found. But on their website it has a Dealer Locator which is excellent, give it a shot bro.

5. my guesss is no. i have went to one in search of a yorkville to basically get asked "why would you want to spend hard earned money on a rig that sounds like ass when you can get something with a lot of quality, like swr or ampeg?"

6. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    That's what you get when you ask someone who doesn't know what the hell they're talking about. I actually A/B'd my new Yorkville against a couple Ampeg combos of comparable price, and my XS400 blew them away in terms of power, sound quality, and features.

7. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Did they actually say that, or words to that effect? That's pretty unprofessional...I'll leave it at that.

8. i still say call them. if you are looking for any dealer that sells them, then just say so. if any store belittles the brand you ask about, then go elsewhere.

9. Infamous_MB

Infamous_MB

Dec 11, 2002
    Indy
    Alas, Guitar Center does not stock Yorkville. Nor do they stock Eden, Ashdown, Hartke, Fender heads, H&K, etc. I know this because I work at their distribution center. Most of the bass amp stuff we get in consists of Crate, Ampeg, GK, SWR, Behringer, and Fender Rumble amps. On the plus side we have started getting some Aguilar combos in.

The only way to get any of the above brands from the GC to hope they have it used.

10. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    +1.

A line that could (dare I say "should") be used if someone asks about another product could go something like, "while that's a fine product, let me tell you why we choose to carry this brand." And then discuss the positive attributes of the product line you do have without dissing the competition.

11. sitback

sitback

Dec 1, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Well said Rev, you do have a way with words sir.:D

12. RevGroove

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Why, thank you good sir! :D