Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

does it really matter?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by searchofdignity, Feb 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does it really matter if you have a ****ty amp but you own a BASS POD? Just Wondering. Not saying my GK monster stack is ****ty but i was wondering. I was also wondering if i should sell that because i own a half stack of a eden travler amp and aguilar cab with 2 12 inchers in it. I dunno why i even have the gk monster stack Too bassy for my taste. So does it matter if u have a ****ty amp (im talking bout a guild amp i own that i have up in my room that i practice in my room with)and u also have a bass POD?

2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    What exactly are you trying to get at??

If you have a "GK monster stack", an Eden Traveller+2x12 half stack, why does it matter at all if you practice through a ****** old Guild amp?? And what about the POD??

Are you getting the sounds you want or not??

3. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I'm not sure what you are asking, but the Bass Pod used correctly sounds great, and used wrong sounds terrible. If you mean you intend to run the Bass Pod into the bad amp - don't do it. It will not make a bad amp sound good, and the Pod isn't really made to go into an amp anyway - it is intended to go into a mixer or directly into a power amp. If you mean you just want to use it to practice in your room, then the Bass Pod sounds great with headphones. If you want to gig with the Bass Pod, you could go direct from Pod to PA, then use the Guild for a stage monitor. But whatever you do, don't go from the Bass Pod into the regular input of the Guild (or any other amp). You will be disappointed. If you have to go from Pod into a bass amp go into the effects return to bypass the preamp. I use the Bass Pod into a Carvin power amp and a Carvin 2x10 speaker for small gigs, and direct into the PA with the power amp/speaker as stage monitor for bigger gigs.

4. well the monster stack doesn't get the sound i want so im selling it plus it wieghs too much. The pod is good because i can get that souund out of a good amp for only 285 bucks. But i like the eden amp the pod sounds great through the eden. I was just asking if it mattered if u had a ****ty amp running a bass pod through it

5. Hey, where'd you get the Aguilar 2x12? Wasn't it just announced a couple of days ago?

My opinion only--the Bass Pod doesn't perform very well through any amps. It does pretty well for recording, but it is a PITA to adjust (one knob for effects parameters?).

And tell me where you got the Ag 2x12!

6. I placed a reserve on it like a month ago. Still hasn't came yet so im stuck with my gk until i get it. Should come soon ill tell u how it sounds.

7. Showdown

Showdown Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    You can adjust all the effects parameters (and everything else) individually with a MIDI hookup to your computer and the Sounddiver or Patchwizard software.

8. Yes, please do. Maybe you can pay extra for rush delivery? That's what I did with my Fodera six string.

9. Prague77

Prague77

Aug 20, 2001
    Waco, TX
    lol....
    Yeah I paid Carl Thompson a rather large sum of money to have him put my custom on priority. I should be getting it in a couple of days. I'm glad I don't have to wait a year like most people :)

10. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    ouch you guys are mean:D

11. ok what the hell r u talking about? I put a reserve on it a month ago its not coming for another 2 months or so

12. Well then, to answer your question: it doesn't matter, since you have a Sadowsky and everything.

13. thank u funky for finally answering my question someone around here atleast has more common sense than freshman at my high school. Technically its not a sadowsky its a fender body that didn't have string thru on it. The bridge that is on it is a schaller bridge which is the bridge on real sadowsky's. It has a pre-amp in it now and we have a warmoth neck on it(which at a time warmoth made sadowsky's necks) so basically we can call the bass a sadowsky i found a sadowsky sticker thing that goes on when you apply water to it. So i have that on the headstock it has a fender bolt on plate in the back. But it has the same stuff a sadowsky has. Sounds better than one though. If u wanna see it IM me at chronic sno0gan on AIM im on right now.

14. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    :eek: WHAT THE HELL!?

15. well. Unlike a sadowsky I have basslines. Seymour deuncan is the best company around. Emg sucks

16. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hve you ever played a Sadowsky, per chance?

17. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    I just got back from Fodera's private forest where I was picking out the tree where the wood from my next bass is coming from. Vinny and Joey are cutting it down right now.

To answer you original question: no.

On a side note, I seem to have caught a ::cough::troll::cough:: cold while I was up there.

18. Have i played a sadowsky? yup it was a used one now excuse me while i go play my trombone

19. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    probaby a valve bone.

f

20. whats that bout me and my trombone? If i didn't play a trombone i wouldn't be playing bass if it wasn't for my band director when i was in 8th grade who said to me that i should learn how to play upright and electric bass for middle school jazz band. Now im a sophmore in high school so its been 3 years. Now i have another question. What happened to the lost art of reading music. Most kids in my grade who play bass dont care about anything like reading music they just read tabs or for someone to teach them the music.Then they expect to make it into school jazz band because they cant read music. The bass player in the jazz ensemble and i(i play in the lab ensemble) just blazed past them. So what has happened to the art of reading music in young players these days?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.