1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Does ME-50B + Digitech Whammy = Unibass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Wes Whitmore, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    This may be to early to tell, but I am trying to somewhat duplicate the Unibass, plus any other usable sounds I can achieve in the process. While looking for a Unibass, I heard some of the Boss ME-50B samples, and it seems to track well on the octave up, but doesn't really make "chords" out of the single low root note played on bass. I wonder if I could use the Boss for the octave up, send two outputs out of that (the clean bass to the bass amp, and the octave up to my guitar rig)and use a Digitech Whammy pedal that I have to add the 5th to the guitar loop (Its the red one, not sure the model # yet)? I don't know if you can split out the two signals to two separate jacks on the back of the boss, but I know it has stereo outs. Would this sound anywhere close to the Unibass? It may not be possible to split the octave to a seperate amp either, I dont know yet.
    Thanks,
    Wes

2. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    I suspect the Whammy will have trouble tracking the synthesised signal. I could be wrong though...

3. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    I'm pretty sure the me50b will do it anyway. The gt6 does- not the exact tone admittedly but it gives you an octave up and 3rds/5ths above/between.