Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Does ME-50B + Digitech Whammy = Unibass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Wes Whitmore, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    This may be to early to tell, but I am trying to somewhat duplicate the Unibass, plus any other usable sounds I can achieve in the process. While looking for a Unibass, I heard some of the Boss ME-50B samples, and it seems to track well on the octave up, but doesn't really make "chords" out of the single low root note played on bass. I wonder if I could use the Boss for the octave up, send two outputs out of that (the clean bass to the bass amp, and the octave up to my guitar rig)and use a Digitech Whammy pedal that I have to add the 5th to the guitar loop (Its the red one, not sure the model # yet)? I don't know if you can split out the two signals to two separate jacks on the back of the boss, but I know it has stereo outs. Would this sound anywhere close to the Unibass? It may not be possible to split the octave to a seperate amp either, I dont know yet.
    Thanks,
    Wes

2. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    I suspect the Whammy will have trouble tracking the synthesised signal. I could be wrong though...

3. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    I'm pretty sure the me50b will do it anyway. The gt6 does- not the exact tone admittedly but it gives you an octave up and 3rds/5ths above/between.