Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

does modulus make lefty basses? lefty necks?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by iloveloosey, Sep 19, 2000.

1. iloveloosey

iloveloosey Guest

Sep 9, 2000
    what does anyone think of putting a modulus genesis neck on a fender jazz body? and, could a modulus neck somehow be put on a spector body? thanx

2. Your profile says you play a Modulus Flea bass. Is it left handed?

And would you have to buy the whole Modulus Genesis bass in order to get the neck to put on the Fender? Would a Moses graphite replacement neck be a better choice?

Is the Spector a neck through or bolt on?

3. iloveloosey

iloveloosey Guest

Sep 9, 2000
    I mean, if Modulus made LH necks, then I would gladly get a LH fender body, and put them together.

And, better yet, I wonder only how to get a NS body shape body, which I prefer to the shape of a jazz.

I don't own any of the above, although I do have the flea bass, which is strung (and played) upside down.

Never heard of moses graphite.

4. MtnGoat

MtnGoat

May 7, 2000
    MA/NH
    Loosey Goosey,
    I know that Modulus does make LH necks. They at least have a LH quantum bass that I have seen. You probably could order one through a distributor or from Modulus directly. Good luck.
    Digs

5. Ahh I see now. Did you purchase the Flea Bass new and prefer playing a righty instrument?

I'm lefty and my first bass was a righty turned upside down, but I couldn't deal with that. Bad access to upper frets and the balance is off when the strap is attached to the shorter horn.

6. iloveloosey

iloveloosey Guest

Sep 9, 2000
    on the modulus, and wanted it, even if only temporarily...

7. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    When your mixing and matching bodies and necks, be sure not to put a 35" scale neck on a 34" scale body, or vice versa - you may never be able to intonate the bass properly.

8. iloveloosey

iloveloosey Guest

Sep 9, 2000
    also be sure not to put a Schwartzenegger neck on Jennifer Tilly; she may never speak the same again.

9. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Dude, just get a lefty Modulus Genesis Vintage Jazz. It IS a jazz body with a wood neck with the Genesis neck. I dont get why youd put it on a Fender body...the Modulus one comes with the same body and much better pickups.

10. iloveloosey

iloveloosey Guest

Sep 9, 2000
    but how would you put a modulus neck on a spector (or spector-ish) body?

11. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    You wouldnt be able to do it with a stock Spector body and Modulus neck, seeing as the Modulus Genesis necks are 20 frets (for the jazz body), and Spectors are 24. Even if you took a Genesis neck (the 24 fret model), it still wouldnt fit properly, due to bolt placement and, likely, neck shape/size. You need to either: 1) Contact Spector about making a Spector with a Modulus neck, or 2) contact Modulus about making a custom neck to fit a Spector.